Daks

Winger
Defoe
Kone
Obviously the loans anyway
Pickford

Rest would stay ?
Depends on wage cuts etc. But maybe Borini

Are they all really on 40% wage cuts if relegated or is this assumed or accepted as the norm? I'd imagine there may be one or two happy to take the cut knowing there may not be anything better out there.

Will
Pickford should really stay a season or two for regular games IMO. As much as I rate him he may not go somewhere else and instantly get in and get games, which he needs.

Not really bothered about the rest, Defoe will go regardless.
when is his contract up? Bearing in mind his wages and age, he might struggle to get a better deal than the one he's on here

Pickford should really stay a season or two for regular games IMO. As much as I rate him he may not go somewhere else and instantly get in and get games, which he needs.

Not really bothered about the rest, Defoe will go regardless.
I don't think he'll have a choice. We'll flog him to the highest bidder along with anyone else who's half decent.

I hope to god regardless of league oshea larsson etc are gone next season, our squad must be up there with squad average age we need younger more hungry players, larsson oshea and a fair few others have lost hunger they have you can see it on the pitch. I wonder if Defoe would stay he'd get a few more quid and a season or so in the top flight but if he stayed here and fired us back up he'd become a real legend at this club.

I'm honestly not arsed if they all left to be honest. FWIW I think cattermole Defoe mannone o shea staying would give us a cracking chance of going straight back up, keep them and build around it with the likes of maja, asoro, gooch, Ethan robson being fetched in.

Get rid of the vast majority. Keep Pickford Kone & Defoe if at all possible. Build a younger squad. Will do the world of good to Gooch, Watmore, McNair, Love imo.

lets hope there a massive clear-out and we get some hungry players in who want to prove themselves in front of a big crowd...

That's the hope but not the reality.

Anyone with a route back to the Premier League will leave and the only ones who stay will be the deadwood. Then you need good money to buy these "hungry players" and if you don't spend it will be the same old squad topped up with cheap buys and freebies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back