Player Club Moves For 2019

Burnmoor CC - We are over the moon to announce the signing of Martin Hubber for the 2019 Season! Martin’s fighting spirit and proven quality is a huge bonus for our 1st XI squad and the Club looks forward to welcoming him in to the fold @neplcricket

Burnmoor have some turnover of players mind. I wonder who they have lost to fit the 3 or 4 they have already signed into their team.

Unless they are paying people to play for their 2nds as they couldn’t get much of a team out last season and relied on old timers to get 8 or 9 on the pitch

Any news on where the former academy lads are heading?

One of my worries over the Academy leaving the league is how the players go about finding new clubs. The Academy was great IMO in that it took these kids aged 16-19, got them into the top league, and took the whole conversation over signing for clubs and the inevitable cash, out of the equation.

I guess that Durham will want them to be playing in the top league (understandably), but its inevitable that the lads will be attracting cash from the usual suspects. I just hope they area able to make their decisions based on whats best for their cricketing future, rather than following the money, which will be very tempting at that age.

I believe that the younger "academy" players will be "placed" at suitable clubs by John Windows and no cash will be involved.
They will go where their skills will be best suited and where they will get a batting place or bowling turn.
The older players, those 18+, may have more say and that is usually when "money" becomes a factor.
Also, the Academy, as we know it, will be smaller.
When they play midweek games, that is when other players will be invited in.

I believe that the younger "academy" players will be "placed" at suitable clubs by John Windows and no cash will be involved.
They will go where their skills will be best suited and where they will get a batting place or bowling turn.
The older players, those 18+, may have more say and that is usually when "money" becomes a factor.
Also, the Academy, as we know it, will be smaller.
When they play midweek games, that is when other players will be invited in.
I’ve already heard of a number of clubs outside the NEPl offering these players cash, which would be completely detrimental to their development and like you say completely unsuitable.

Unless they are paying people to play for their 2nds as they couldn’t get much of a team out last season and relied on old timers to get 8 or 9 on the pitch[/QUOTE]

Yeah they posted this on twitter earlier today -
Everyone at the club would like to thank and wish all the best to Liam Dixon, Harry Munton and Gareth Harte who have all decided to try pastures new for 2019 season! The recipient clubs have got some great players - Good Luck to all! #nepl

Gareth Harte to Sunderland. Also think they've signed the South African overseas pro who has been at Middlesbrough the last couple of years.

Back