Player Club Moves For 2019

score-board

Full Back
First I have seen since the season has finished. Callum Harding signed for Benwell Hill from Newcastle

We are delighted to announce the signing of Callum Harding for the 2019 season. Left arm seamer Callum joins from Newcastle CC & will bring a wealth of NEPL experience to bolster our youthful seam attack..... welcome to ‘the Hill’ Callum ...... #getitdoneearly.... #hth

First I have seen since the season has finished. Callum Harding signed for Benwell Hill from Newcastle

Appears to be a bad winter for Newcastle then and we’re only 1 week into the off-season; du Toit and McGee have both left there to join South North next season. Maybe everyone’s finally realised those in charge at Jesmond aren’t all that they make themselves out to be - at least they have their clubmark for 2019!!

Secondly, South North could compete with Durham next year if no one leaves. Both eligible for national comps aswell apparently.

Appears to be a bad winter for Newcastle then and we’re only 1 week into the off-season; du Toit and McGee have both left there to join South North next season. Maybe everyone’s finally realised those in charge at Jesmond aren’t all that they make themselves out to be - at least they have their clubmark for 2019!!

Secondly, South North could compete with Durham next year if no one leaves. Both eligible for national comps aswell apparently.

Just getting ridiculous now, no point playing as know who is going to win the league already!!

Would the local lads remaining - plus an overseas - not be fine in DCL1? That should be where you go imo, anything beyond that would be daft.
Technically they have not been "relegated" from NEPL, so they can apply for whatever league they like.
Heard that they have applied to DCL, but would they go into DCL2 ? As a new club applying to enter the league ??

Arent Newcastle going to be homeless next year with RGS (who own the ground) supposed to be kicking them out and they are having to use either Newcastle/Northumbria Uni grounds in Heaton?

RGS story comes up at the end of every season and has done for around 15 years. Wouldn't believe that unless it was official.

As for the players Jesmond have lost, it'll take quite a bit to recover from losing McGee, JDT and Harding. Literally lost their best seamer, their best spinner and their best batter. As for South North, they'll be looking at breaking records next season I imagine if they haven't lost any players. Ridiculous strength in depth now. I also think this may be a little bit of planning for the future as McGee is probably long term replacement for Crozier as frontline spinner.

Seems to be generally quiet on the transfer front in comparison to recent years.

Technically they have not been "relegated" from NEPL, so they can apply for whatever league they like.
Heard that they have applied to DCL, but would they go into DCL2 ? As a new club applying to enter the league ??
I’ve a feeling they’ll have to go in DCL2 because as you say they are applying to the league, although personally I think they should be allowed in DCL1. Rediculous that this hasn’t been sorted. Clubs need to know so they can start planning for 2019

I’ve a feeling they’ll have to go in DCL2 because as you say they are applying to the league, although personally I think they should be allowed in DCL1. Rediculous that this hasn’t been sorted. Clubs need to know so they can start planning for 2019

If it comes to a club vote they’ll end up in DCL2. No way the DCL1 clubs will vote to have them in 1.

Back