plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date

Yep. I had a really deep knot in my calf.
Cheers will try see Neil after my hols , dunno if he be keen if I’ve been abroad though 😬... calf feels ok mind you but have pain on a small area of the heel when
Press into it and walking about etc

Cheers will try see Neil after my hols , dunno if he be keen if I’ve been abroad though 😬... calf feels ok mind you but have pain on a small area of the heel when
Press into it and walking about etc
That's who sorted mine out, assuming you mean sleeman. Do you need to self isolate after?

That's who sorted mine out, assuming you mean sleeman. Do you need to self isolate after?
Aye meant Neil ,
Nee idea , it’s Italy so shouldn’t but some not happy if client been abroad , get back late Thursday

Last edited:
I am now with a Podiatrist near Darlington.

His point is that the PF and spurs that I am suffering from was due to months/years of running/jogging with feet and ankles that were undergoing an injury. It will quite a while to sort out, the argument being it took ages to bring the problem about, it will take a months to cure. I am embarked on a several month programme of rehabilitation of ankles and feet, starting off with using a backpack of 13 or so kilos and having my feet half on and half off a step. I am on the first week, my right heel which has the worst PF/spurs ( had xrays and ultrasound scans) the lower part if right calf is feeling it more.
I will have to see where I am in a month or so.

I am now with a Podiatrist near Darlington.

His point is that the PF and spurs that I am suffering from was due to months/years of running/jogging with feet and ankles that were undergoing an injury. It will quite a while to sort out, the argument being it took ages to bring the problem about, it will take a months to cure. I am embarked on a several month programme of rehabilitation of ankles and feet, starting off with using a backpack of 13 or so kilos and having my feet half on and half off a step. I am on the first week, my right heel which has the worst PF/spurs ( had xrays and ultrasound scans) the lower part if right calf is feeling it more.
I will have to see where I am in a month or so.
Are you just holding the stance or doing calf raises and drops ? Single leg ? 13kg is a canny weight
Is he letting you do any cardio ?

Are you just holding the stance or doing calf raises and drops ? Single leg ? 13kg is a canny weight
Is he letting you do any cardio ?

No raising or lowering atm, 90° foot and ankle with the step, the Podiatrist says you have to build very slowly, what tools ages to injure takes a while to correct.

I just hope he is right, I play golf and still fo some jogging. But hevsaid put both on hold for a few weeks whilst we ramp the rehab up. Its costing plenty, I see him once a week.
Just hope it's not a con!

No raising or lowering atm, 90° foot and ankle with the step, the Podiatrist says you have to build very slowly, what tools ages to injure takes a while to correct.

I just hope he is right, I play golf and still fo some jogging. But hevsaid put both on hold for a few weeks whilst we ramp the rehab up. Its costing plenty, I see him once a week.
Just hope it's not a con!
Good luck mate . Keep us posted

Good luck mate . Keep us posted
I will.

Like many i have done a bit of research and spoken worh some retired medical friends.

It seems the term Planter Fasciitis covers a number if problems. The key being it is likely to be a symptom not a cause. So one research paper said 100 people had a cortisone injection and 100 had a placebo. 75 of the cortisone got better but so did 65 of the placebo. Surgery can help but it can make it a lot worse also. This current Podiatrist I am seeing, is basically of the opinion that some underlying problem with my foot ankle caused the PF over a long period of time, and the foot/ankle has to be rehabilitated to put it right.

Tell you after Christmas how it is going

I will.

Like many i have done a bit of research and spoken worh some retired medical friends.

It seems the term Planter Fasciitis covers a number if problems. The key being it is likely to be a symptom not a cause. So one research paper said 100 people had a cortisone injection and 100 had a placebo. 75 of the cortisone got better but so did 65 of the placebo. Surgery can help but it can make it a lot worse also. This current Podiatrist I am seeing, is basically of the opinion that some underlying problem with my foot ankle caused the PF over a long period of time, and the foot/ankle has to be rehabilitated to put it right.

Tell you after Christmas how it is going
I had countless cortisone injections, had my leg in a plaster cast for 6 weeks, had acupuncture and even a course of radiotherapy for an agonising problem that went on for around 8 years in the 90s.

I was at a family funeral and a relative from London I hadn't previously met noticed the way I was walking and at the pub asked if he could have a look at my foot which I thought was a bit odd :D
He said he was a chiropodist and told me to get a particular Scholl insoles from Boots that cost around £7. I was pain free within 3 weeks.

I had countless cortisone injections, had my leg in a plaster cast for 6 weeks, had acupuncture and even a course of radiotherapy for an agonising problem that went on for around 8 years in the 90s.

I was at a family funeral and a relative from London I hadn't previously met noticed the way I was walking and at the pub asked if he could have a look at my foot which I thought was a bit odd :D
He said he was a chiropodist and told me to get a particular Scholl insoles from Boots that cost around £7. I was pain free within 3 weeks.

Yes I believe the more modern up-to-date Podiatrists, have rejected many of the older methods...i guess bio-mechanics have moved on. The only nagging doubt I have on the several months treatment i am embarked on, is that yes there us nothing wrong with having rehab on my foot and ankle, but would the PF and spurs also cease to be a problem of i did nothing for several months, and saved the cash.

Back