plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
I'm thinking this is what I have - for weeks now, my feet have been killing me, as if I've been on them 24/7 for days on end - but I really haven't.
base of the foot and heels hurting on both feet.

I've had problems with tight calves before, and I'm doing my stretches again from today, hoping this is what the problem is - any thoughts on if this is likely? Also, any suggestions for a short term fix for the pain, they ache all the time - I don't want to even put them on the floor when I'm sitting down.

I'm thinking this is what I have - for weeks now, my feet have been killing me, as if I've been on them 24/7 for days on end - but I really haven't.
base of the foot and heels hurting on both feet.

I've had problems with tight calves before, and I'm doing my stretches again from today, hoping this is what the problem is - any thoughts on if this is likely? Also, any suggestions for a short term fix for the pain, they ache all the time - I don't want to even put them on the floor when I'm sitting down.
Have you read the thread?

Have you read the thread?
In the past, aye - I remembered it existed but not the content tbh. You seem to be suggesting I should, so I will, cheers.
Got my spikey ball out and had 10 minutes with that. Feels a little better, but I guess it'll take a few days at least.

Last edited:
In the past, aye - I remembered it existed but not the content tbh. You seem to be suggesting I should, so I will, cheers.
Got my spikey ball out and had 10 minutes with that. Feels a little better, but I guess it'll take a few days at least.
Try a frozen bottle of water, that'll help reduce inflammation.

Just found this thread, I've suffered with this for years and being daft never done anything about it. I just presumed I had flat feet and the pain was a by product.

I went to New Balance at Dalton Park and they recommended me some runners for flat feet but my feet went numb after the first walk out in them.

Is the tennis ball exercise something you do to improve long term or is it more of a warm up before exercise?

Any sustained walking/running and I get a lot of pain in the middle sole of foot and painful calves.

Just found this thread, I've suffered with this for years and being daft never done anything about it. I just presumed I had flat feet and the pain was a by product.

I went to New Balance at Dalton Park and they recommended me some runners for flat feet but my feet went numb after the first walk out in them.

Is the tennis ball exercise something you do to improve long term or is it more of a warm up before exercise?

Any sustained walking/running and I get a lot of pain in the middle sole of foot and painful calves.
Do the tennis ball as often as you can.

I wear orthotic insoles (individually designed at an orthotics centre) to help to rebalance my legs and ease my plantar fasciitis. One of my hips is too open and my ankle and calf take the strain in trying to keep my leg straight. The insoles help a lot, they mean I can continue to run and do other sports.

I would second foam rollers, I only use them when I need to but if I used them every day I reckon I’d be a lot better.

I wear orthotic insoles (individually designed at an orthotics centre) to help to rebalance my legs and ease my plantar fasciitis. One of my hips is too open and my ankle and calf take the strain in trying to keep my leg straight. The insoles help a lot, they mean I can continue to run and do other sports.

I would second foam rollers, I only use them when I need to but if I used them every day I reckon I’d be a lot better.
How much were the insoles?

SR acupuncture and tui na, google/Facebook it said orthotics were pointless to me. He reallinged my body, sorted out my hips and that instantly sorted out my dodgy calf which was causing me PF.

How much were the insoles?
You could try the cheaper standard ones that @PTR mentions, worth a go first.

Because of my individual situation, I paid for an assessment (£60ish) and which tracks your gait and the insoles are then made to your spec. I now have a a pair of hard plastic half insoles that will last at least 10 years and you transfer into all the shoes you wear. They were £200+. I also have a pair of regular sports full length insoles that I wear in my running shoes (100+). They have been great for me.

Not cheap though, so you could try the off the peg ones or, if you’re lucky and are prepared to wait, you might be able to get an orthotic referral on the NHS.

Jesus H, this isn't nice is it !!

Apart from stretching, ice and ibuprofen are there any other secret remedies ? Ive not ran for 2 weeks and feel unfit already :lol:

Once it starts, it never really goes away is my experience, but the pain does lessen/go away for a while.
I have given up running as I keep my mobility to play golf and do rowing as a substitute.

I have it in both heels, the left heel responds to physio suggested exercises, the right one doesn't.
I read that pf can have many causes, so what works for one person does not work for another. The quack appliances for sale on the internet are just that 'quack' and useless.

My golf course mercifully is mostly soft turf and with cushion insoles I get round. Hard ground and footwear without cushioning is definitely not good.
Don't stop running.
See neil sleeman at platinum physio in coxhoe.
Foam roll.
Gan see steve riley at sr acupuncture in sunderland.

Yep I use Neil....good man been very helpful, when I had a rotator cuff problem. His exercises for left heel pf has worked but nothing works for right heel pf
Don't stop running.
See neil sleeman at platinum physio in coxhoe.
Foam roll.
Gan see steve riley at sr acupuncture in sunderland.

Yep I use Neil....good man been very helpful, when I had a rotator cuff problem. His exercises for left heel pf has worked but nothing works for right heel pf

Last edited:

Back