plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
Yes I believe the more modern up-to-date Podiatrists, have rejected many of the older methods...i guess bio-mechanics have moved on. The only nagging doubt I have on the several months treatment i am embarked on, is that yes there us nothing wrong with having rehab on my foot and ankle, but would the PF and spurs also cease to be a problem of i did nothing for several months, and saved the cash.
Million dollar question . PF is awful as it impacts everyday life so most people including myself just desperate for a fix.
Nightmare when even in pain when walking

Million dollar question . PF is awful as it impacts everyday life so most people including myself just desperate for a fix.

You are not wrong mate.

What keeps me, at 67, fit and my weight down, is jogging and walking a golf course.

Neither is possible atm, even if Bonko in his stupidity hadn't closed golf down, I would have to use a buggy..

You are not wrong mate.

Last edited:
You are not wrong mate.

What keeps me, at 67, fit and my weight down, is jogging and walking a golf course.

Neither is possible atm, even if Bonko in his stupidity hadn't closed golf down, I would have to use a buggy..

You are not wrong mate.
I still go walks just no longer nice to do so, have a dog in need to walk every day

I developed mine after I snapped my ACL playing rugby. It was the opposite leg and it obviously affected the way I walked etc. The PF caused me a lot more pain over the years.

I developed mine after I snapped my ACL playing rugby. It was the opposite leg and it obviously affected the way I walked etc. The PF caused me a lot more pain over the years.

Yes they say it is not necessarily the foot/leg that has the pain it may be the other foot/leg that is causing the problem.

I sort of understand that, as years ago I had to have a tube stuck in my back because some infection in the right kidney needed draining. That tube, whilst i suspect, helping me to avoid sepsis, damaged nerves muscles etc. A recurring problem however is what feels like a groin strain on my left, caused by damage to the right of my back... go figure

Think I might have PF

However the pain is only in my heel. Particularly on the side on my heel bones. In agony when I try to walk especially after playing football.

Now affecting my hamstrings because I'm walking with a limp

Think I might have PF

However the pain is only in my heel. Particularly on the side on my heel bones. In agony when I try to walk especially after playing football.

Now affecting my hamstrings because I'm walking with a limp

that sounds identical to mine. I went for x rays and everything convinced I’d broken my heel Spur or something. Turned out it was PF but certainly more painful and severe than when I’ve had it previously. Had to do months of calf strengthening and gradual build up of exercise. It healed itself eventually but I had to learn to tolerate the pain a little, find my threshold/tolerance levels and just stick there and then try a little further very cautiously... and have faith in my physio that they were actually right. I can still feel it now and again 2 years later

that sounds identical to mine. I went for x rays and everything convinced I’d broken my heel Spur or something. Turned out it was PF but certainly more painful and severe than when I’ve had it previously. Had to do months of calf strengthening and gradual build up of exercise. It healed itself eventually but I had to learn to tolerate the pain a little, find my threshold/tolerance levels and just stick there and then try a little further very cautiously... and have faith in my physio that they were actually right. I can still feel it now and again 2 years later
Normally play football Thursday Sunday. Can only do Sundays at the moment and after 70 minutes yesterday I could hardly run

I had PF for about a year after I walked for 2hours,sat down when I stood up I could hardly walk. Doctor didn’t help much so looked on you tube which was helpful everything thats been mentioned was on there and most of the information was it comes from the calf muscles . I did the rolling with foam roll and ball plus calf stretching,then I saw a video with rubber bands that you wrap tight around your calf and then move your leg back and forth or stand and bend the leg no more PF. Sorry for the long post.ps bought the bands on Amazon .

Last edited:
I had PF for about a year after I walked for 2hours,sat down when I stood up I could hardly walk. Doctor didn’t help much so looked on you tube which was helpful everything thats been mentioned was on there and most of the information was it comes from the calf muscles . I did the rolling with foam roll and ball plus calf stretching,then I saw a video with rubber bands that you wrap tight around your calf and then move your leg back and forth or stand and bend the leg no more PF. Sorry for the long post.ps bought the bands on Amazon .
Find that video link :D

Search calf muscle pain relief with floss band or voodoo band.on YouTube
. This wasn’t the one but it’s similar,the tape must be tight ,when you do the movement you should feel it getting tighter and painful,when you take the tape off it should leave an imprint.

Last edited:
I had this once, didn’t know what it was at the time thought I’d just pulled a muscle or something so continued walking and going to work in the hope it would stretch itself out but obviously it didn’t and I ended up making it a lot worse... D’oh

Using a golf ball on my heel and plenty of rest has made it almost back to normal. Still get the odd twinge

Usually walk 7/8/9 miles a day. So it'll come straight back when I return to work.

What actually is PF? A problematic heel bone?

5 months in and still go it , it’s an absolute bastard

Mine is starting to improve a bit since I changed from foam rolling to using a massage gun.
Routine now is calf guards during the run, calf compression for an hour or so after, massage gun then calf raises at various times of the day plus still got my hard ball under my computer desk that I roll on parts of the day.

Am only running in one brand of trainer (Hoka) now and keeping to the same drop as I think the Sketchers in particular I was running in were making it worse.

I had couple weeks off over christmas and didnt seem to improve, once we get out of lockdown going to try and get a proper massage and try acupuncture see if it helps.

Much improved for me. As above a mixtures of different kinds of physio. Managed over 60 miles of walking activities this month including 11.5 yesterday and my foot seems ok. Not getting carried away just yet though. The physio at the injury clinic at work had helped massively though

I’ve been told to try hoka IF I ever get to run again but at moment I’ve no chance .

doing eccentric calf drops and isometric calf holds , every other day . Calf stretches couple times a day and roll foot on a ball couple times day.
hardly walking the dog now , stopped cycling even, swim baths shut and will be for while.
slowly putting the weight on. Lockdown is shit but believe me when you can hardly walk and go outside it’s awful
Much improved for me. As above a mixtures of different kinds of physio.The physio at the injury clinic at work had helped massively though
What’s he had you do ?
Using a golf ball on my heel and plenty of rest has made it almost back to normal. Still get the odd twinge

Usually walk 7/8/9 miles a day. So it'll come straight back when I return to work.
Did it come back mate ?

Last edited:

Back