Places you didn't like on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went to Menorca when the bairn was little.

Bairn loved it but it wasn't for me. Not a fan of places where tourists outnumber locals.

again you can dodge the scratters quite easily in these places unless you have booked into a scratter all inclusive aand then its your own making ;)
was in an apartment in the centre mate, the old town was quite nice but where we were was just like blackpool, two very young kids in tow though so wasn't too fussed at time

Been to that one but our caravan was at the furthest end of the field away from the entertainment complex. Just used it as a base for sleeping and were out and about each day so it wasn't too bad. Is the worst site we've been to though.
We've managed to find some fantastic caravan parks over the years; Crofthead just outside Ayr was lovely and quiet; luxury caravan on top of a hill meaning you could see the Isle of Arran on a good day and Woodovis in Devon which was the best park I've ever been to

was in an apartment in the centre mate, the old town was quite nice but where we were was just like blackpool, two very young kids in tow though so wasn't too fussed at time

i agree the evenings can be a bit rough and ready. Beach is more than big enough to get yourself a nice spot. round the port is your best bet on a night

protaras....reminded me of benidorm....got wrong for standing at the bar because some oxygen thief couldn't see the worse turn in europe, not allowed to sit there mate...old jack and thier lass been sitting there for 20 year crack!!

you need to be specific to a resort cos some parts of tenerfie are lovely

Los Gigantes and up in the mountains.

if your referring to Playa las Americas then i would mostly agree but even there you can avoid the tat if you want

Yes, it was PLA. Might be nicer now, but back then it was horrid. Literally worse than Benidorm.

Rome. Enjoyed seeing the Colosseum, Pantheon and catacombs. Hated the Vatican. Thought the rest of it could have been any European city anywhere.

We were very disappointed with Sidari, Corfu. Place was a bit bland, bright spot of the holiday was a day trip to Albania to see the ancient ruins at Butrint. That was superb.

Wasn't that fussed with Cascais or Lisbon. The way I look at it is though, at least we have been and we can form our own opinions on these places, instead of people just coming out with stuff, even though they haven't been to the place in question.

Holidays are always a potential risk, unless you have been somewhere previously, you pays your money and you takes your chance.

Blackpool. 10 hours to get there and once we arrived we found the land lady of the B&B had sold our room to someone else.

We carried on North and went to Usher Moor and had a great night in the Loves.

Im in Tenerife now, we love it. We stayed in PLA first couple of years in the Parc Santiago complex areas and it was brilliant, not scratty at all. Now it Costa Adeje and it is brilliant.

Though going around some of the areas I can see why some might not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back