Places you didn't like on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porec . Its now in Croatia and supposed to be beautiful now but I went when it was still Yugoslavia and hideous . Only a week but my god even that was more than . "Beach" was a couple of inches of sand on top of concrete. Hyperinflation as Yugosalvia was disintegrating . Oh and it pissed down most of the time :)
Went there twice in the late 80's. Stayed in a camp site. It was OK.

Caravan park called Sandylands in Saltcoats on the west coast of Scotland; caravans in regimented rows with views of the nuclear power station over the railway line. Just felt tired and depressed and not a patch on other parks we've been to

Been to that one but our caravan was at the furthest end of the field away from the entertainment complex. Just used it as a base for sleeping and were out and about each day so it wasn't too bad. Is the worst site we've been to though.

Drove round a little of Europe last summer: Mayrhofen (Austria), Dolomites, Cinque Terre, Genoa, Milan and Chamonix. Loved every place apart from Genoa - absolute pits that place was, apart from a tiny portion of the new harbour it was awful (don't be fooled by Google images, most of what comes up is near Genoa, but not Genoa). We cut our stay short as we booked into our room it was so bad. Complete contrast getting off metro in Milan right next to the Cathedral etc.

I thought Milan was a dump. Many many Italian cities are far superior.

Porec . Its now in Croatia and supposed to be beautiful now but I went when it was still Yugoslavia and hideous . Only a week but my god even that was more than . "Beach" was a couple of inches of sand on top of concrete. Hyperinflation as Yugosalvia was disintegrating . Oh and it pissed down most of the time :)

I went there when that was happening. Couldn't spend your money:lol:

thought menorca was dull as well.... although ended up going into ciutadella for couple of nights and that was really nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back