Phillips wants it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whilst I'm on the fence re Phillips, don't you think he instantly be granted more patience by our fans, courtesy of who he is? Nobody is going to desperate tarnish a club legend.

Nobody would give 2 fucks if he didn't get results, Legend or not. Nobody is bigger than the club and hanging onto his coat tails like a lovesick bairn because of what he done years ago is just silly. Judge him on how he does as a manager, nothing more.

Give him it but with a strong, experienced number 2. He needs to cut his teeth in the lower leagues who better than us to do it with. Knows the club knows the fans

Loads then?
Pep Guardiola at Barcelona.
Neill Lennon at Celtic.
Antonio Conte at Juventus.

I reckon it's about 50/50.
Roy Keane oozes authority. Phillips has a squeaky voice.
Roy Keane has managed in 8 years and hasn't been a success in his last 3 coaching jobs.

The days of the fearful manager are gone. Just look at Guardiola and Klopp. They aren't authority figures. But they are respected. They realize shouting at players like a school headmaster doesn't work.

Last edited:
How many examples are there of players going back to clubs and being successful as a manager?
Isn't it almost all of them? I mean how many managers have never played? Is that what you meant?
Pep Guardiola at Barcelona.
Neill Lennon at Celtic.
Antonio Conte at Juventus.

I reckon it's about 50/50.

Roy Keane has managed in 8 years and hasn't been a success in his last 3 coaching jobs.

The days of the fearful manager are gone. Just look at Guardiola and Klopp. They aren't authority figures. But they are respected. They realize shouting at players like a school headmaster doesn't work.
Klopp is setting the standard right now. Might be the best on the planet at this moment in time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back