Phillips wants it....

Hes probably the only person who will unite all fans . For how long its anyones guess but at least the vast majority in the stadium every match day and would make here bearable once the manager is announced . None of the people linked would get a deal of approval by mostly everyone bar him .
It wont happen dont think donald is brave enough unfortunately but if he did he would earn some brownie points and if it did go pear shaped he wouldn't get any criticism like he would by appointing anyone else
And my mag m8 who is actually not deluded like the majority of them is praying it's not him as hes said the last few years Phillip's would be our keegan ..

Last edited:
I'm starting to warm to the idea and if we are going to take a punt in him it's now or never really. If he goes somewhere and does well he probably wouldn't come here after that, I'm not convinced he loves the club I dont think many professionals have any real affection for clubs they play for. It's just a job to them and I'm ok with that.

He has done his time as a coach etc. My only concern would be he never came across as someone who would be a leader or a master tactician. But we are at a level that you would expect someone with his experience as a player and his time as a coach to be starting at.

Not for me.
Would hate for his “legend” to be ruined if he came and failed as a manager.
Me personally if appointed and it didn’t work out would always be a legend in my eyes and most. Playing and scoring will always be in the bank nobody will ever take that away from him. I’m in SKP why f***ing not, we are f***ing low and and taking blows left right and centre we need a lift and that’s what he will bring with appointment.

Hes probably the only person who will unite all fans . For how long its anyones guess but at least the vast majority in the stadium every match day and would make here bearable once the manager is announced . None of the people linked would get a deal of approval by mostly everyone bar him .
It wont happen dont think donald is brave enough unfortunately but if he did he would earn some brownie points and if it did go pear shaped he wouldn't get any criticism like he would by appointing anyone else
And my mag m8 who is actually not deluded like the majority of them is praying it's not him as hes said the last few years Phillip's would be our keegan ..

strangely enough I was with a Mag mate yesterday and he said exactly the same

I love SKP.. and would love him as number 2 or in some sort of capacity... not convinced he’s right for the managers job tho.

We need a massive boost and buzz... Keane for me or Pearson

Personally I don't think he is the best fit available for us at the moment.

But, if he does end up getting it and he is willing to risk it all, as he clearly doesn't give a shit about and is backing himself fully as a potential manager, he would get full backing from me and would have no consequence on his playing career with us.

Would just be 'great player, shit manager' in the worse case scenario... it may even help keeping the usual suspects off his back after a string of draws or the odd loss

Reputation/nostalgia is not a good enough reason not to hire or hire for that matter. Is he the right coach and personality for us right now that could give the lift we want, is the bigger question.

Last edited:
The only managers we'd get that are tried and tested at getting clubs out of this league have invariably failed afterwards as they wouldn't be back here. Whilst I'm very doubtful SKP would be a good appointment we need someone up and coming rather than a bloke who has failed. We've appointed far too many managers over the years that have failed at some point

That point usually being at Sunderland

Back