Phil Parkinson - Is he really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very hard working, would run through brick walls for him, defensive and likes a target man.He was Bolton's best manager since Allardyce but is not in the same class as Allardyce.
Thankyou.

That style could probably work in league 1 and Championship but not in the Premiership.......interesting.

I'd have much preferred Stendel.

But, it's Parkinson. His track record, anything he's done in the past is irrelevant. All that matters is how he does here at Sunderland.

We've had managers who've done well at other clubs, but have failed miserably.

Get behind him. Judge him by all means. But on what he does here.
And judge him when he's had more than a handful of games.
Good post..if he wins games and we get promoted we will be happy.

We are where we are, we needed a manager who has experience in this league and knows how to get out of it, I honestly don’t know what people expect

Hopefully he'll do ok. It's a shit league so who knows!
I'm prepared to back him whilst being slightly suspicious of our podcast-crazy owners who seem to talk big time but act small time.

Let's just hope he brings the wins.

As I said in another thread in 13 seasons as a Manager he's had 3 promotions, 2 unsuccessful play offs, 2 seasons where he's saved teams that he's taken over when they were going down, taken a 3rd tier team to a League Final and an FA Cup Q/F. Yes, he failed at Hull and Charlton but you can easily argue he's had 9 really good seasons (probably of over achievement) out of 13. We need to give the lad a chance and start and look at the positives.

4th tier team.

Bradford were in League 2 when he took them to the final.

They beat Arsenal and Aston Villa, who were both in the Premier League, on the way there.

Is he really that good? he shouldnt delete his job search web site ....underwhelmed after all the hype in last month ...i think meh

Imagine Donald Rodger telling him about the negativity surrounding his appointment: "Don't worry about it Phil, they thought Jose Mourinho, or even Big Sam was gunna get the job!"

Who on earth were we expecting to get. We are a third division club and need a manager to match our status who is proven at this level. Parkinson seems a decent enough appointment. Best of luck to the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back