Pharmacists eh? 🤔

The bloke who delivers my dads medication to my house loves a bit crack about cars and bikes. Nice bloke.

My Dad did that!

My Mam and Dad should have retired at the same time as he was five years older than her. Then they upped the state pension age for women for her. He retired and she didn't, but he was bored sitting in the house on his own, so he got a job delivering prescriptions for a local chemist. He loved it driving around chatting to folks all day!

See. What if you're employer is the pharmacy

Hi there boss
Morning. Am always watching you mind

Am editing this quick
That didn't make sense either

Meant what happens if your boss is IN the pharmacy

Am gonna use a slightly less offensive drug example this time though

Morning boss

Sorry Mr Blah Blah, your acamprosate is out of stock, can you manage till next week or will you get pissed out of your head and phone in sick on Monday?

See you Monday boss

My Dad did that!

My Mam and Dad should have retired at the same time as he was five years older than her. Then they upped the state pension age for women for her. He retired and she didn't, but he was bored sitting in the house on his own, so he got a job delivering prescriptions for a local chemist. He loved it driving around chatting to folks all day!
Awww that’s lush Becs. He will have brightened up so many people's days 😊

I agree with that and no problem confirming name and address. It’s the fact that it’s in full earshot of a load of strangers I find odd.
We don’t do that, always ask out of earshot of other customers. We also have people who come in with their driving licence and other photo id, who ask to go into the consultation room to give their address. We are respectful of their wishes and do accommodate this. We don’t know people’s circumstances sometimes and we are mindful of this, sometimes it’s a safeguarding issue.

Could have been worse for the OP I suppose. After the pharmacy episode he could have caught a bus home only for the driver to pull up outside a supermarket for 20 mins in order to lay a problematic cable in the bogs.
😂
Been out this morning to the end of the road to shout at buses going past

Bit pap on a Sunday as there's only one an hour and couldn't do my usual town bus station trip due to watching the match

Was it yourself who was on one last week whose driver nipped into Gregg's mid route?

😂
Been out this morning to the end of the road to shout at buses going past

Bit pap on a Sunday as there's only one an hour and couldn't do my usual town bus station trip due to watching the match

Was it yourself who was on one last week whose driver nipped into Gregg's mid route?
No not me.

Although last week there were no less than three No 21s at the bus stop opposite the Coach & Horses in Birtley on the way to Newcastle. Perhaps its become a tourist attraction after the pig's head incident.:D🤔

Wouldn't complain too much, sounds like pharmacy is in a bad way. Just been reading Lloyds Pharmacy was the second biggest retail pharmacy chain in the country just over a year ago. Now reported to have gone tits up with debts of £300 million. Thats a hell of a lot of aspirins

Wouldn't complain too much, sounds like pharmacy is in a bad way. Just been reading Lloyds Pharmacy was the second biggest retail pharmacy chain in the country just over a year ago. Now reported to have gone tits up with debts of £300 million. Thats a hell of a lot of aspirins
It's a complete mess. They're just not getting the money from the NHS that a prescription actually costs them. Losing money on many prescriptions. The model doesn't work for the pharmacy industry but the government won't give them more per prescription as that will take more money from the NHS. But then the government also push more work the Pharmacists way so expect them to do more for the same money. But more and more pharmacies will close so patients lose access to where they've been told to go for some ailments. A circular disaster.

Shit pay for Pharmacists too. I'd certainly not encourage my daughters to go down that route like their Mam.

Presumably it's loaded with private equity debt?

You'd still think circumnavigating opiate and gaba prescriptions would be more profitable though, especially alongside the profits for ozempic.

Surely your neighbours already know your address as you live next door to them.

I don't think being required to pay for prescriptions means you are "loaded". If you get more than one item a month it is cheaper to get a prepayment certificate.
“Probable” sound like he’s not sure if they live next door or not?

Exactly what I was going to post, I’m annoyed my next door neighbour knows my address and post code, she even calls me by my first name too.
I live in Scotland so I don’t have to pay for my prescriptions so at least they don’t know if I’m loaded or not.

Are you Scottish? If so you’re loaded because your wallet only opens once a decade or so.

That’s mad. Patient confidentiality is massive in pharmacy, it’s a verbal warning, then written etc etc if you breach this. We have ongoing training on all SoPs as they are changed or amended, any breach has to be logged and is sent to the superintendent pharmacist.
If I give out my card number over the phone I always tell the person not to read it back after that day in Boots. You have no idea who’s listening

Anyone from the regulator work on here?

On my Saturday morning wait in a busy pharmacy, I've identified a number of concerns

1. My probable neighbours know my name and address

2. My probable neighbours know one of the medicines am taking

3. My probable neighbours know am loaded as I can afford to pay for prescriptions so am now a target for burglars and muggers

4. Another near miss averted as I could have nabbed someone with the same surname's drugs there (actually happened that - "think that's mine mate" and had to swap mid-store)

5. How do they occasionally miss off an item from my prescription? Happened a few times

NB. Am often accused of over thinking things and being middle aged, I find irritation everywhere
They always ask your address to stop someone else getting your prescription so that ones wrong.

Mine ask for my name then address before handing over , how else would they confirm the right person is getting the right meds ? :lol:

My pharmacy is a bit meh, they are not chatty at all as I wouldn't mind that ( they always look a bit understaffed and busy),seems to take about 5 days from ordering to them texting me to to say they are ready to be collected , it maybe that they are waiting on 1 of my 4 meds though I guess but I never had an issue with the last one before I moved back to Sunderland
There are SOPs for giving out prescriptions. You have to follow them or you could be sacked, so we do.
Is it SOP that they should call after a week of being on a new prescription or is that a thing some pharmacies do off their own backs ?

Changed 2 of my meds since moving back to Sunderland one of which is a controlled drug and had no follow up calls

Last edited:

Back