Pharmacists eh? 🤔

Five-Quarter

Midfield
Anyone from the regulator work on here?

On my Saturday morning wait in a busy pharmacy, I've identified a number of concerns

1. My probable neighbours know my name and address

2. My probable neighbours know one of the medicines am taking

3. My probable neighbours know am loaded as I can afford to pay for prescriptions so am now a target for burglars and muggers

4. Another near miss averted as I could have nabbed someone with the same surname's drugs there (actually happened that - "think that's mine mate" and had to swap mid-store)

5. How do they occasionally miss off an item from my prescription? Happened a few times

NB. Am often accused of over thinking things and being middle aged, I find irritation everywhere

1&2 - perhaps they could take you in to the meth prescription room to save you the embarrassment.

3 - if you're paying enough for a 70 year old with a snivel to overhear and want to burgle you, you could get that monthly pay thing.

4 - they should ask for address to prevent that?

5 - god knows seeing as they have to sign a dozen or so pieces of paperwork :lol:

Surely your neighbours already know your address as you live next door to them.

I don't think being required to pay for prescriptions means you are "loaded". If you get more than one item a month it is cheaper to get a prepayment certificate.
Exactly what I was going to post, I’m annoyed my next door neighbour knows my address and post code, she even calls me by my first name too.
I live in Scotland so I don’t have to pay for my prescriptions so at least they don’t know if I’m loaded or not.

On my Saturday morning wait in a busy pharmacy, I've identified a number of concerns

3. My probable neighbours know am loaded as I can afford to pay for prescriptions so am now a target for burglars and muggers

4. Another near miss averted as I could have nabbed someone with the same surname's drugs there (actually happened that - "think that's mine mate" and had to swap mid-store)

5. How do they occasionally miss off an item from my prescription? Happened a few times

NB. Am often accused of over thinking things and being middle aged, I find irritation everywhere
Need to join a Dull man facebook page

While acknowledging your correct diagnosis

Can we concentrate on the practice and practitioner issues please

This is a very serious matter
ok

I don't have to give my address etc when I pick up a prescription so not sure what that is about

I'm known by name and football team by the staff at the chemist, I have a prepaid cert which I would suggest if taking your purse out upsets you so much

items being left off??? happens all the time if the stock is low, in which case you should get a slip to pick it up at a later date

the signing and dating of your prescription slip is the check that is built in to make sure you are getting the correct meds

I live in that there London but a chemist like the baker and greengrocer etc are for locals so they know your name and you know theirs etc this is not an issue, it is community and that

It's a GDPR breach and if reported they could receive a fine.

There's been cases where people have died from getting incorrect medication so these fuck ups shouldn't be covered up. It's not like a newsagents giving you the wrong sweets or magazine.

Last edited:

Get a prepayment certificate if you have regular prescriptions, I have 7 regular prescriptions and occasional extras so an annual PPC is how I can cope with the expense

Can you not change your pharmacy?

ok

I don't have to give my address etc when I pick up a prescription so not sure what that is about

I'm known by name and football team by the staff at the chemist, I have a prepaid cert which I would suggest if taking your purse out upsets you so much

items being left off??? happens all the time if the stock is low, in which case you should get a slip to pick it up at a later date

the signing and dating of your prescription slip is the check that is built in to make sure you are getting the correct meds

I live in that there London but a chemist like the baker and greengrocer etc are for locals so they know your name and you know theirs etc this is not an issue, it is community and that
I’m amazed at that unless you are pulling his leg? You have to ask for the name and address and in certain cases date of birth. I have to ask this information even when it’s my neighbour. It’s patient safety.

I’m amazed at that unless you are pulling his leg? You have to ask for the name and address and in certain cases date of birth. I have to ask this information even when it’s my neighbour.
hmmm ok this is what happens, there are slip to fill out and you put your name and phone number, then you put when the prescription was filled, DOB and if you received a text message then you hand that in and wait for the prescription to be filled, then you sign off each prescription and tick the relevant box on the back, F for me I think as I have a prepaid cert

hmmm ok this is what happens, there are slip to fill out and you put your name and phone number, then you put when the prescription was filled, DOB and if you received a text message then you hand that in and wait for the prescription to be filled, then you sign off each prescription and tick the relevant box on the back, F for me I think as I have a prepaid cert
So you do give them that information then just not verbally 😂

Im also a bit confused as to the “wait for the prescription to be filled bit” are you giving the pharmacy a green script? I assumed from the information you gave in your post that you were collecting an already dispensed etp

Last edited:

Back