Peterborough keeper out for season/Emergency Loan Signed

Haven't read all of this, but is this an accurate summary...

Krispy Kreme is injured, Peterborough have a 24 year old back up keeper who they could play, but they don't want to, so they're going to try and get Jan Oblak in, as that might help cope with the loss of Krispy?

I guess next season we shouldn't bother with a no2 keeper, since you can just temporarily loan a better one if your no 1 gets injured, and not have to pay his wages all season...

Aye its pathetic. Effectively if you are sensible and spend on an experienced (but likely not great) back up keeper then you're fucked if there's an injury. If instead you decide to spend your money elsewhere (like on strikers) then if you get an injury you can bring a keeper in who is better than the one you lose! It's an absolute piss take and the EFL need to be explaining why it's possible.

International sides need to name 3 first team keepers. Professional league sides should have to do the same, with emergency loans only if two of them are out at the same time. If they choose not to then they shouldn't get to benefit from it. Taking the f***ing piss

Yeah absolutely.

Agree with all of this. I mean, they are doing the best out of shit rule like. However, it says morning to development of their younger players like. First choice back up is immediately pushed to the side for a emergency loan from a higher league.

Pathetic that

Loath as I am to be fair to Posh in these circumstances, number 2 keepers are such a ridiculous notion anyway. You don't (or shouldn't) rotate them so you basically just need any clown that you can find who will accept sitting on the bench week in, week out in the very unlikely occurrence of a keeper injury. They've always been a waste of money. The flaky emergency keeper laws just make it even more obvious.

Just use your under 23 keeper for example. We should just use Patterson and save the Remi wage.

People saying it’s a piss take but if this has happened to us and we only had a couple of Rookies to call on I’m sure there would be no issue. They should be allowed to do whatever is within the rules as should any club
We did call on rookies, in 2005. We didn’t cry about it like Peterborough we got on with it and won the league.

Last edited:
Just use your under 23 keeper for example. We should just use Patterson and save the Remi wage.
Exactly. Matthews is shit. We could easily get a better emergency keeper. We are literally paying tens of thousands of pounds to disadvantage ourselves in the event of Burge getting injured! Maybe we should have saved the cash and offered more to Szmodics, it's a piss take.

In this league there's now no need for a back up keeper. In the championship aye, because you can't go to the prem and fellow championship clubs might not be prepared to give you anyone decent, but whilst in league one we shouldn't have one. And that doesn't seem right.

No they've got one out of action. They've got a young lad (who is in their first team squad) and a 24 year old. Both available. The 24 year old might be shite but that's not our problem, they're the ones that signed him as their number 2
Exactly, they should have thought about this when they named the other 2 keepers in their squad. They‘ve registered 3 keepers for their first team squad and at present have only lost one of them through injury, the EFL should ignore any request unless another picks up an injury.

It’s a squad game and the players will only get experience when picked to play.

7 clean sheets in 15 championship games this season. I don’t blame Peterborough for trying it, the EFL should have told them to piss off. Why are they able to get from the championship as well? Plenty of back up keepers in league 2 that could help out. Tell Burge to pull a muscle and we can have Ben Foster till the end of the season please

Exactly. Matthews is shit. We could easily get a better emergency keeper. We are literally paying tens of thousands of pounds to disadvantage ourselves in the event of Burge getting injured! Maybe we should have saved the cash and offered more to Szmodics, it's a piss take.

In this league there's now no need for a back up keeper. In the championship aye, because you can't go to the prem and fellow championship clubs might not be prepared to give you anyone decent, but whilst in league one we shouldn't have one. And that doesn't seem right.

Aye mate. They now have a better keeper than their original first choice one. Mental.

7 clean sheets in 15 championship games this season. I don’t blame Peterborough for trying it, the EFL should have told them to piss off. Why are they able to get from the championship as well? Plenty of back up keepers in league 2 that could help out. Tell Burge to pull a muscle and we can have Ben Foster till the end of the season please
In fairness Stoke set up very defensively so I'm not sure how many shots he will have faced or how much he will have been exposed playing for them. Doncaster played expansively though and he was equally as impressive for them.

This has strengthened Peterborough's chance of promotion, no doubt in my mind. It is maybe worth remembering that they were the club that were most screwed over by the EFL's incompetence last year (apart from maybe Tranmere) with the way they ended the season so I'll not begrudge them too much benefiting from their incompetence this, maybe it's just levelling out.

Back