Peterborough keeper out for season/Emergency Loan Signed

😁
“The boy did ever so well to finish the game against Sunderland, he was struggling and when you see the extent of the injury you can see why. He is going to be out between four and six weeks and I have now got to look at my options and one of those would be an emergency loan.

“That is not because I don’t have any doubts about the other two goalkeepers I have got, but the facts are at this stage of the season, they don’t have the experience of playing enough league games. At any other point in the season, I would have no hesitation, but I will speak to them and we will look at our options.”

Emergency loan even though there’s two senior goalkeepers in the squad? Tut-tut.

“The boy did ever so well to finish the game against Sunderland, he was struggling and when you see the extent of the injury you can see why. He is going to be out between four and six weeks and I have now got to look at my options and one of those would be an emergency loan.

“That is not because I don’t have any doubts about the other two goalkeepers I have got, but the facts are at this stage of the season, they don’t have the experience of playing enough league games. At any other point in the season, I would have no hesitation, but I will speak to them and we will look at our options.”

Emergency loan even though there’s two senior goalkeepers in the squad? Tut-tut.

Load of bollocks, if Wyke got injured we couldn't sign an emergency loan striker on the basis that Stewart has only played 4 games or whatever, their sub keeper is 24, not some kid. The emergency loan seems to be getting abused by teams who are too cheap to sign a proper no 2 keeper.

Is there a written rule around this? Surely if you have another two keepers in your squad thats it? They've been in his squad all season, so if they haven't played enough league games whose fault is that? What's the point in even having a back up keeper if you'll never use him even if the first choice gets injured? Just taking the piss

Back