Perfect Draft

I’m into unknown territory. I’ve had the machine 18 months and this is the first time I’ve got down to my last keg. I’ve always had some stockpiled. Better get ordering tomorrow!

I've had mine a year at Xmas and reckon I've done on average a keg a month. Slowing down now. Got 3 in and I'm going to make them last until its warm outside.

Tried clxb tropicana after it arrived this weekend.
it’s splendid and similar to Freddy’s Drop brewed by Vaux.
My favourite so far.

La Virgen tonight ladies and gents. Lovely, albeit slightly cloudy for a lager

I appreciate Stella and Jupiler are good, but holy moly Lisa is sensational

I’m on the Leffe Royale Whitbread Golding. Not my favourite but very drinkable.

Mind, I had a 750cl bottle of Tripel K before moving to the draft and I’m feeling it a bit. Might be some stupid donations going into Comic Relief as the night goes on.

Tried clxb tropicana after it arrived this weekend.
it’s splendid and similar to Freddy’s Drop brewed by Vaux.
My favourite so far.
I found it a bit too fruity for my liking. More than a couple and that was enough for me. Might be canny on a hot summer's day. Loved the Jaipur mind.

I'm toying with the idea of buying one of these.
I don't drink through the week so it'll work out expensive for what it is.
It’s expensive compared to cans however you look at it, but for a weekend couple of beers it’s ideal.
I'll pop in over the weekend and see if they have it at North Hylton. Thanks!
Did you ever manage to get the Karmeliet

Last edited:
I found it a bit too fruity for my liking. More than a couple and that was enough for me. Might be canny on a hot summer's day. Loved the Jaipur mind.
Jaipur is amazing on the PD
I have one in the garage for when I switch the machine back on later in April.
I'm off it for now as trying to lose a bit Covid weight gain so I can get back in my suit. Three weddings coming up in a month that were all postponed during Covid

Having seen this thread appear a few times I've finally got round to getting a perfect draft machine. Very impressed (other than the fact I often don't load the keg properly so the machine makes an annoying noise every few seconds until I sort it, but that's just me being a knacker!).

One query I've got, do beer hawk only take back kegs you've bought from them or could you buy from amazon or whatever and send it back to beer hawk for the £5 credit? Just I've made two orders and yodel have fucked up both. I've got them eventually but they've been randomly sat in the local depot for a few days before coming. Could be an issue if I get near to running out, plus I never know which day they'll actually appear so I might be at work. If I get through amazon it's about the same price and their next day delivery gives me some certainty. I'd miss out on the beer token for each £1 spent on beer like, but worth it for the better delivery as long as I can still get the £5 for the keg. They really should dump yodel

Having seen this thread appear a few times I've finally got round to getting a perfect draft machine. Very impressed (other than the fact I often don't load the keg properly so the machine makes an annoying noise every few seconds until I sort it, but that's just me being a knacker!).

One query I've got, do beer hawk only take back kegs you've bought from them or could you buy from amazon or whatever and send it back to beer hawk for the £5 credit? Just I've made two orders and yodel have fucked up both. I've got them eventually but they've been randomly sat in the local depot for a few days before coming. Could be an issue if I get near to running out, plus I never know which day they'll actually appear so I might be at work. If I get through amazon it's about the same price and their next day delivery gives me some certainty. I'd miss out on the beer token for each £1 spent on beer like, but worth it for the better delivery as long as I can still get the £5 for the keg. They really should dump yodel
I've got a Beerwulf and the constantly abysmal Yodel have fucked my order up twice in the past few months. I have ended up with another case as well as the one ordered being sent out by Beerwulf due to the inadequacy of their courier so I'm hoping they keep making a balls up.

So it's more or less the same as a pint in the pub?
Pretty much aye. A lot of the kegs are about £35 for 10.5 pints. You can normally get 10% off certain kegs if you get 3 of them, so you're down to about £32.50 per keg. Then £5 back when you return the empty so £27.50. Also get 5p per £1 spent on beer so another £1.50 or so off. So it'll end up about £2.50 a pint.

Must admit that put me off for ages. Its great if you're in London paying their prices, but up here it's a bit harder to justify. Still, a lot of the decent beers are about £4 a pint by now so it's still a decent saving. Definitely nicer than cans. Don't think I'll use it all the time mind, sometimes cans at £1.50 or whatever will do me fine. Good if you're having people round though. I'm going to stick it in the sitting room if I'm watching football so I can avoid the hassle of having to go to the fridge for a can!

I think they'll take any keg back and credit you. There's a 15% discount code from an old facebook group for beerhawk that still works as long as you buy any kegs in multiples of 3, can mix different kegs, so if you use that and get the 5% in beer tokens its probably a better deal than going through Amazon

I think they'll take any keg back and credit you. There's a 15% discount code from an old facebook group for beerhawk that still works as long as you buy any kegs in multiples of 3, can mix different kegs, so if you use that and get the 5% in beer tokens its probably a better deal than going through Amazon
Ah that's canny, cheers, I'll try and find a code. I saw they had a mix and match thing but that's only 10% off and it was on a very limited selection of the kegs

Back