People with ivy all over their houses

Horrible stuff. Our neighbours had it growing and left it to take over the fence and some of our garden.
Last summer we noticed a Wren was in and out of it so we left it till September before cutting it back.
Despite umpteen requests to the lazy mag bastard next door they did nowt to help, even though we were getting a new fence...that we were having to get because the Ivy had destroyed the old one.
I even went round and told them that the fence man wouldnt start work till all the Ivy had gone...he did nowt.
They went on holiday 2 weeks before it was getting done so I went to home bargains and bought a few bottles of bleech
I went in and cut all the ivy back and tipped the bleech all along the fence line. A couple of the fence spans fell down so it was dumped in their garden with all the ivy.
The main root of it must have been about 4 inch in thick.
So, fence man came and did a great job and we were happy. The lazy twats came back from holiday and never said anything to us but cleared up the mess that I`d left for them.
Then, I noticed their grass was turning brown and dying. Another week and about two thirds of their grass was dead...it seems I was a bit over zealous with the bleech.

The fence is canny mind

I think you’ve summed it up perfectly.

Was fashionable once, not so much now.

Renderers must be making a fortune in Herrington, everybody is getting new rendering at the moment.

Reason I say that is the nice, big house set back just after the Board Inn, was covered in ivy and looked dark and dingy but the new owners have stripped it back and redone it all. Looks lovely now.
Mick has done a fantastic job of that house I agree .

Back