People who talk about "the gym"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only one thing worse and more dull than gym bores at work and that's the betting bores at work who tell you in great detail every week how they were only one Fleetwood goal away from winning 10 trillion pounds on their 'acca'.

Fuck off man you boring twat

Only one thing worse and more dull than gym bores at work and that's the betting bores at work who tell you in great detail every week how they were only one Fleetwood goal away from winning 10 trillion pounds on their 'acca'.

What do you talk about at work?

Cut out the shit and exercise more.

pretty simple

unless you wanna bulk up of course

Don't even have to cut out the shit.

Acca. Truly embarrassing.

The only thing worse than gym bores are the bores complaining about gym bores

One of my colleagues has done Ironman Triathlons. He has done marathons and never ever mentioned his training regime, the gym or "carbs".

Yet the 20something that just started, is always on about "the gym", "protein" and "balance".

In my experiemce, men who go on about "The Gym" too much are usually neither seriously overweight nor super fit. Theyre middle of the road blokes who want to be important. Id actually have some time for a 20+ stone lad who was going to the gym, or some superfit athlete who was going. But usually its a "look at me" mentality from someone remarkably normal.

They are also the male equivalent of women who ride horses... boring as fuck.

Last edited:
One of my colleagues has done Ironman Triathlons. He has done marathons and never ever mentioned his training regime, the gym or "carbs".

Yet the 20something that just started, is always on about "the gym", "protein" and "balance".

In my experiemce, men who go on about "The Gym" too much are usually neither seriously overweight nor super fit. Theyre middle of the road blokes who want to be important. Id actually have some time for a 20+ stone lad who was going to the gym, or some superfit athlete who was going. But usually its a "look at me" mentality from someone remarkably normal.

They are also the male equivalent of women who ride horses... boring as fuck.
I do understand, and agree! but just try to be less annoyed. People want to be liked, and want to impress people...and they like showing that they're going to the gym.

It's no big deal really.

Ridiculous.

Why bore folk in the office about your hobbies and interests when you can bottle up that tedium for internet message boards?

There is nothing like being in peak condition.

Most people will never achieve it but that moment of ripped slim condition is somethng to treasure.

It cant be maintained for most humans but if you ever get just a moment of it - celebrate it.

Long gone for me but for those who can do it - why not!!!!

As a former gym rat I must say enjoyed going,the crack and the results.
I mind back when our insurance man took up jogging, one friday I was home, he normally came about tea time with his cash back and book,he didnt appear.
Found out later he was out jogging and he keeled over,gone.

As a former gym rat I must say enjoyed going,the crack and the results.
I mind back when our insurance man took up jogging, one friday I was home, he normally came about tea time with his cash back and book,he didnt appear.
Found out later he was out jogging and he keeled over,gone.

When I first started work I shared lifts with a bloke who was a decent bit older than me but a really nice fella. Think he would of been mid 40s, looked well for it, still played 5 a side, think he ran and biked regular as well. Looking at him, you would think he looks good for his age . He had a heart attack at the gym, dead on the spot by all accounts. Crazy really

When I first started work I shared lifts with a bloke who was a decent bit older than me but a really nice fella. Think he would of been mid 40s, looked well for it, still played 5 a side, think he ran and biked regular as well. Looking at him, you would think he looks good for his age . He had a heart attack at the gym, dead on the spot by all accounts. Crazy really
The thing with stories like this is, I always wonder what the context is.

For example; You could be razor thin, in shape, lifting, and doing coke or roids. You could also be slapping down pizza every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back