People who talk about "the gym"

Exactly marra. A nice brisk walk in the countryside or along the sea front and some nice bait, not takeaway crap. Job sorted.
As much as I like walking in the countryside I do not consider it exercise, its a slow way of getting from point A to point B.

I walk for the scenery and peace. For me exercise should cause significant adaptations to your body in terms of cardio or strength. Unless you are seriously unfit walking will not do this.

Exactly marra. A nice brisk walk in the countryside or along the sea front and some nice bait, not takeaway crap. Job sorted.

I work in an office and like to go to the gym to make sure I get a bit of proper exercise. Walking isn't proper exercise.

Agree insofar as gym craic goes, I agree. Nowt worse than someone telling people what they did as if anyone cares.

I work in an office and like to go to the gym to make sure I get a bit of proper exercise. Walking isn't proper exercise.

Agree insofar as gym craic goes, I agree. Nowt worse than someone telling people what they did as if anyone cares.
Whole-heartedly agree, the only craic that's worse is car/bike craic.

Something very suspicious about them in my eyes.

Generally young people or old people pretending their young.

And more often than not I see them eating absolute shite for their baits

Wronguns.

If they ate more sensibly and just got out and about more they wouldn't have to faff on with all that bollocks.

Shut up you absolute f***ing moron. This is the most uneducated post I've ever seen on this board.

It would be an interesting psychological study. The meltdowns cos the gyms are shut Man. It’s like people have forgotten how to keep fit without them. Run, bike, climb, do circuits, lift rocks, chase chickens. I think a lot of people are embarrassed about being seen doing exercise, but anything goes in the safety of the gym. I reckon most people go cos it’s a routine and they wouldn’t do any exercise otherwise. But if the government was serious about getting Britain fit, they’d make them all free.

It would be an interesting psychological study. The meltdowns cos the gyms are shut Man. It’s like people have forgotten how to keep fit without them. Run, bike, climb, do circuits, lift rocks, chase chickens. I think a lot of people are embarrassed about being seen doing exercise, but anything goes in the safety of the gym. I reckon most people go cos it’s a routine and they wouldn’t do any exercise otherwise. But if the government was serious about getting Britain fit, they’d make them all free.

Thats not true. For me its about motivation. I cant motivate myself to work out at home but if I'm at the gym I'm paying for it and im there so I have to do it. Not just that the equipment is state of the art and it gets me out the house on my own and allows me to clear my head.

Back