People who talk about "the gym"

Think anyone who doesn't go to the gym is missing out on a lot of benefits. The physical and mental ones are ridiculous. Shows commitment and discipline to stick at it. Not any downsides really.
Downsides of being knackered and bored shitless. Never, ever seen the point meself

Downsides of being knackered and bored shitless. Never, ever seen the point meself
Fair enough, we can't all like the same things. All the people who enjoy it think its the best thing in the world. :cool:

There is also a section of people who slag it off that can't handle it and or don't want to put the effort in.

this is not a go at anyone here btw, just an opinion.

Last edited:
Fair enough, we can't all like the same things. All the people who enjoy it think its the best thing in the world. :cool:

There is also a section of people who slag it off that can't handle it and or don't want to put the effort in.

this is not a go at anyone here btw, just an opinion.
Freely admit I can't handle it or be arsed to put effort in. Life is too short in my eyes to piss about doing things I don't enjoy or that hurt.

'here for a good time not a long time'

:lol:

I will admit that Davey lad if you want to make serious progress you have to put the hours in.
The issue I have with gyms is that people go on like they’re the only way to exercise, as they’re so fashionable right now. Admittedly you can target different body areas if you’re looking for tone or muscle, but if you just want to get fit you’re just as well running, cycling or playing footy. People seem to have forgotten these things and see the gym as the only way to work out nowadays.
But putting the hours in isn’t an option for a lot of people, unless you’re willing to sacrifice other things.

Last edited:
But putting the hours in isn’t an option for a lot of people, unless you’re willing to sacrifice other things.
Yes granted you need to sacrifice something to make time, that applies to everything. But I dare say a lot of people who say they 'dont have time' will find time to sit on there arse watching TV at some point of the day.

I can totally understand people not going to the gym if they dont want to. That makes sense. But I bet most people who claim they 'dont have time' actually mean 'I cant be bothered'.

Yes granted you need to sacrifice something to make time, that applies to everything. But I dare say a lot of people who say they 'dont have time' will find time to sit on there arse watching TV at some point of the day.

I can totally understand people not going to the gym if they dont want to. That makes sense. But I bet most people who claim they 'dont have time' actually mean 'I cant be bothered'.
That's one thing I'm learning to be honest mate, it takes a looonnnnggg time to build muscle :lol:. but as the weeks go by you see the progress.

Used to train 4 times a week. Stopped after my L5 disc went and never went back after. Walk miles with the dog now and better for an old bastard. Don’t miss it.
However when younger met a few girlfriends in the gym including the now Wife (no) ;)

Last edited:
That's one thing I'm learning to be honest mate, it takes a looonnnnggg time to build muscle :lol:. but as the weeks go by you see the progress.
I have no desire to build muscle anyway. I’ve always had the bulk. There’s a lad at work who was a normal skinny kid and he did loads of roids and lived in the gym to get all pumped up, and me and the other big lad at work used to joke that he was still smaller than us.

Something very suspicious about them in my eyes.

Generally young people or old people pretending their young.

And more often than not I see them eating absolute shite for their baits

Wronguns.

If they ate more sensibly and just got out and about more they wouldn't have to faff on with all that bollocks.
sounds like someone's had sand kicked in their face and is jealous :lol:

Various forms of cardio fitness and resistance training should be combined ideally. Each have benefits you won't get from the other. If you can ignore the wankers, it pays off later in life

Back