People who talk about "the gym"

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you lift.
I don’t want to be big just ripped
Just doing cardio

and another thing. Is the bottles of water getting bigger?
Just noticed this the last few weeks from the gym rats at work. Bottles of water are huge in one hand, protein shake in the other.

Lads, you might spend 3 hours a day in the gym lifting a few weights, most the time you’re checking your Instagram account.

love staff sports day or 5 a side when I piss on them as they’ve no cardio stamina and calf’s like an old woman as they’ve skipped leg day :lol:

Just noticed this the last few weeks from the gym rats at work. Bottles of water are huge in one hand, protein shake in the other.

Lads, you might spend 3 hours a day in the gym lifting a few weights, most the time you’re checking your Instagram account.

love staff sports day or 5 a side when I piss on them as they’ve no cardio stamina and calf’s like an old woman as they’ve skipped leg day :lol:
DW was terrible for that. Top heavy Terry’s. Class when there’s one nice lass in the gym and they all gravitate toward her. Frees up the machines.
mind I’m a mess atm, I must have put 4 stone on like. Waiting till after Xmas now to tackle it. I actually picked up a men’s Health mag today in Asda but put it back :lol:
It must happen this year as I’m 46 and running out of time.

It's not half as irritating as listening to women bang on about their 'diets' at work. The irony is they all have one thing in common...

Its almost like the amount of time spent talking about healthy diets is inversely proportional to their waist size.

Ya what mate? Far from it. *fat fuck who was even more of a fat fuck if it wasn't for the gym and diet control*

To say going out for a walk and eating healthily is all you need to do is extremely ignorant.

That's all I do and I'm not fat. People just need to learn a bit self control and have a bit discipline
The OP:

Logon or register to see this image

Is that the fucker who nicked the DNA in jurassic park 1

Last edited:
DW was terrible for that. Top heavy Terry’s. Class when there’s one nice lass in the gym and they all gravitate toward her. Frees up the machines.
mind I’m a mess atm, I must have put 4 stone on like. Waiting till after Xmas now to tackle it. I actually picked up a men’s Health mag today in Asda but put it back :lol:
It must happen this year as I’m 46 and running out of time.
Gym bores me. I’ve always needed the training push from playing team sports although in lockdown I got to running 5k in under 24 minutes. Not bad for a 39 year old rugby winger/fly half with dodgy hamstrings and waiting on ankle surgery.

haven’t done much this last two months due to ankle injury but I’m struggling to stay motivated to run in the dark cold nights.

That's all I do and I'm not fat. People just need to learn a bit self control and have a bit discipline

Is that the fucker who nicked the DNA in jurassic park 1

Its more than just about being not fat. You're proper ignorant. There are many many benefits of going to the gym and they definitely out weigh just going for a walk and eating healthy.

Ya what mate? Far from it. *fat fuck who was even more of a fat fuck if it wasn't for the gym and diet control*

To say going out for a walk and eating healthily is all you need to do is extremely ignorant.
Depends how far you walk mate. I use the gym but while it's been shut I've been walking daily , minimum 4 miles up to 9 if I have time . Dropped the carbs and kept to a 1500 net calorie diet . Done good , dropped weight faster than the gym.
Be glad to get back in though as I'm probably dropping a bit muscle mass in upper body , won't take much to stop that .

Its more than just about being not fat. You're proper ignorant. There are many many benefits of going to the gym and they definitely out weigh just going for a walk and eating healthy.

Like what ?

Surely a healthy lifestyle is better than gymming it and then nailing the takeaways and crap like McDonald's . Half these lot at work would be like house ends if they didn't go so I guess that's a benefit but if they just had a bit discipline they wouldn't need to bother imo

Ya what mate :lol:

It’s bizarre how people can’t understand that there’s more to being fit than losing weight 😂

Until I get my ankle sorted there’s no way I can run any decent distance without either using a treadmill or perhaps using the hard shoulder of a motorway.

Like what ?

Surely a healthy lifestyle is better than gymming it and then nailing the takeaways and crap like McDonald's . Half these lot at work would be like house ends if they didn't go so I guess that's a benefit but if they just had a bit discipline they wouldn't need to bother imo
Over 40% of the NE are overweight. If half the people you’re talking about at work are preventing this by going to the gym then that isn’t a waste of time.

Thats not true. For me its about motivation. I cant motivate myself to work out at home but if I'm at the gym I'm paying for it and im there so I have to do it. Not just that the equipment is state of the art and it gets me out the house on my own and allows me to clear my head.
That’s what I mean. It’s an incentive cos your paying for it
This year I’ve hit middle age like a brick wall mind, I could do with going to the gym if I wasn’t such a lazy fuck.
I can normally rely on losing about a stone every summer, as soon as I get the bike out. This year, nothing. I’ve been on a diet of sorts since january, out on the bike, riding the turbo trainer, ran a bit, much less booze due to the pubs being shut, and I’m exactly the same weight as I was in Jan 1st, to the pound. It’s depressing that I can make what seems like a decent effort for me for zero reward (well apart from not getting any fatter I suppose). I have absolutely no idea now to step it up enough to lose the 3 stone I’d like to next year, given my constraints of time and motivation. Then I see people dropping a stone in a month and wonder why I even bother at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back