People who run baby seagulls over

Definitely don't like them. I would avoid hitting them in the road because I just couldn't bring myself to do that ; but..! if there was a creature I had to run over, they'd be up there.

Do they play any valuable role in the ecosystem? Im going to google that now. Rock 'n' Roll Saturdays!

They clean pizza, chips and kebab debris off our streets. Absolute troopers!

I admire gulls. They are adaptable, resilient survivors. They love and protect their kids and take no shit. Qualities which are admired in our fellow men!

Last edited:

What was that urban myth that did the round for a few years about covering the scraps in baking powder and if they ate it they’d explode? :lol:

Aye. Doesn't work :(

What does work is getting some fishing line with a hook on each end. Put some bait on the hooks and hoy it in the street. Two of them swallow the bait and fly off stuck together :lol:

If its removing their eggs then aye. Mowing them down isn’t exactly humane.
The potential damage to the car would be more a concern tbh.

They clean pizza, chips and kebab debris off our streets. Absolute troopers!

I admire gulls. They are adaptable, resilient survivors. They love and protect their kids and take no shit. Qualities which are admired in our fellow men!
Then shit it all over people's windows and cars.

Last edited:
I got pecked on the head by a tern on a school Farne Islands trip. That hurt quite a bit!
I was walking past the police station the other day (that part is completely irrelevant) and there was a this year’s fledgling walking about in the road with a whole cacophony of squawking going on overhead.

Anyway I crossed the road which took me closer to the chick and next thing I heard was a whoosh above my head. Looked up and an adult herring gull, big bassa, spun around and came in for a second swooping attack.

Scary stuff if it had made any contact. Our window cleaner reckons one attacked him in the High Street and drew blood pecking his baldy napper.

I was walking past the police station the other day (that part is completely irrelevant) and there was a this year’s fledgling walking about in the road with a whole cacophony of squawking going on overhead.

Anyway I crossed the road which took me closer to the chick and next thing I heard was a whoosh above my head. Looked up and an adult herring gull, big bassa, spun around and came in for a second swooping attack.

Scary stuff if it had made any contact. Our window cleaner reckons one attacked him in the High Street and drew blood pecking his baldy napper.

They love their kids, those herring gulls!

And they love herring an'all, obvs.

Baffles me how juvenile gulls are bigger than adults. Some of the brown fluffballs you see waddling about are absolutely massive

Probably why most of the cats are scared of them.

Lucky he wasn’t at the top of his ladder when the gull attacked him, could have been nasty.

Last edited:

Where’ve you been hiding? They always attack you when the kids are around. I’ve had one swoop at me then follow me about half a mile before

Back