People who post more than once a day on Facebook

Should be charged £5 a post (unless it is a business/charity account)

I have not posted on my personal facebook for about 3 months btw, probably posted 3 times in 2021. Why do people post everything they do? Everywhere they go? Everything they eat? Everything they watch?
I live abroad. I haven't seen my elderly parents, my friends or my family for 20 months. Thanks for keeping me right on what I should and shouldn't do to keep them collectively updated on how we're getting on, though. :rolleyes:

So much cheaper to say "happy birthday" on facebook than sending a card.

Think there's only one "friend" I've got on there that's constantly posting but they've suffered from depression so I just put it down to that and leave them to it.

Been off Facebook for around 5 years now. Don't particularly like how they operate as a company and I think it has the potential to very damaging to people's behaviour/mindsets.

Never looked back to be honest

It is strange, I know good people who are almost completely different characters on social media. When it comes to Facebook it is almost an addiction to show their morning journey to shops, every single meal they eat in the day, what they are watching on tv etc. Lads too, not even lasses.
It definitely is an addiction and in 5-10 years will be treated as an addiction I’m certain of it.

many people are simply seeking validation from partially strangers to boost their self-esteem and that just isn’t healthy. Then you throw in the mix of people comparing themselves to other peoples’ highly curated, edited and filtered photos and profiles and you wonder how many self-esteems are in the dumps because of it.

Been off Facebook for around 5 years now. Don't particularly like how they operate as a company and I think it has the potential to very damaging to people's behaviour/mindsets.

Never looked back to be honest
Every time I delete it, something gets organised through Facebook. Annoying because other than that I have no interest in it.

Just looked and OP (@Ceverton) posted on Facebook twice on the same day on the 2nd November 2020. Ouch.

just like there money, they can do what they want with there time.

suprised i'm not banned on FB, my profile is watch what info you post here as i'll be taking a loan out in your name

love the airport pint holiday photo also, I post, anyone want a 55" tv, £20 its yours , the daft nackers have went on holiday and told everyone on FB

some of them shouldn't have pcs/ phone's never mind a FB account, one lass I know posting kids of her grandkids in bath and naff all secruity on her FB account , told her to say friends only can view her crap, she says eeeeeee I wondered why the pics where getting a ton of likes :lol:

My brother's sister in law posts up pictures of herself that are filtered to fuck & look nothing whatsoever like her. Bright blue eyes, long blonde hair & has her weight under control. In reality, up until recently she used to get takeaways 5 times a week, her eyes aren't that bright & her hair is a mess. My one sends me on the pictures, knowing full well it winds me up.
Our lass is always on facebook. Posts a photo and if someone hasn't hit the like button within 10 minutes she thinks they have fallen out with her. She also sits watching TV and checks facebook every five minutes. Some people are quite clearly addicted and living their lives through social media but won't face up to it.
My one is the same. Glued to her phone from the moment she comes in from work. It's infuriating. WhatsApp is what she's always on. I tell her to ring whoever she's texting & get the shit talk done & dusted & put the phone down. I couldn't take anymore & told her to put her phone on silent when she comes in because there was notifications coming through nonstop every night.
Is that a sly jealous dig at the Juliet?
:lol:

Last edited:
It definitely is an addiction and in 5-10 years will be treated as an addiction I’m certain of it.

many people are simply seeking validation from partially strangers to boost their self-esteem and that just isn’t healthy. Then you throw in the mix of people comparing themselves to other peoples’ highly curated, edited and filtered photos and profiles and you wonder how many self-esteems are in the dumps because of it.
90% I know on there started like us all doing the full package
Daily updates ,memories, music videos when you're pissed, birthdays ,cars etc now they all just have their collective interests on there and do very little posting themselves . It's handy for that
All the interests etc coming at me on 1 site

I have had to use Facebook for work in the last couple of years and it has provided a window into an otherworld
-cats and dogs are everywhere
-those picture surrounds are freaky
-I bet you won't share...
-Hey everybody let's all..
- I saw a foreign looking man in a car near me...
-Aww!
-"Beautiful inside and out"
-"Dos any1 kno a good plummer who is cheep"
-Education: The University of Life
-"I stand with..."
and that is just the surface and doesn't include food and politics. It doesn't tempt me to have a personal account.

All the conspiracy theorists are on ignore so I've noticed a new trend where the older folk on Facebook seem to answer any question that comes up on their feed. Even if the answer is totally unremarkable.

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE SUBJECT AT SCHOOL

“None, hated school"

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PRAYER

"No"

Back