People who post more than once a day on Facebook

Whichever way you look at it, this is absolutely right.
And also totally acceptable. When I’ve had dark days with depression I’ve often put something on fb hoping for a bit banter or likes and stuff to cheer me up and get me through the day. People have alsorts going on in their lives and it isn’t all just about chasing likes to try and be a z list celebrity. If people don’t like it don’t use it, I’ve came off it for now cause I’m in training for an ultramarathon and I just don’t want any distractions but it’s a great tool for a number of reasons.

Our lass is always on facebook. Posts a photo and if someone hasn't hit the like button within 10 minutes she thinks they have fallen out with her. She also sits watching TV and checks facebook every five minutes. Some people are quite clearly addicted and living their lives through social media but won't face up to it.

Our lass is always on facebook. Posts a photo and if someone hasn't hit the like button within 10 minutes she thinks they have fallen out with her. She also sits watching TV and checks facebook every five minutes. Some people are quite clearly addicted and living their lives through social media but won't face up to it.
Deleting all the socials was one of the best things I ever done. You have absolutely no idea just how mental it all is until you're well out of it. I used to say all the usual excuses for why I would keep it. They're all bollocks.

You don't fall off the face of the earth if you come off Facebook. Funnily enough you can easily stay in contact with people who are your actual mates.

This.

Facebook is full of morons. Instagram is full of narcissists. Twitter is full of absolute cretins who can't accept any other world view than their own.

The SMB is full of absolute bellends but I am one of them therefore it is a stratospherically better form of social media, and the only one I use.

Still got ya OnlyFans lad?

This is social media you know ?
I know and whilst forums are a better form than the big ones given they are for a specific topic for like minded people (to some extent e.g. the majority are here because they like football).

However I still think the world would benefit from them being gone so if I had a magic button that could delete the lot, I'd press it and take the sacrifice of losing the few forums I can enjoy.

It's more polite to just mute them than unfriend in case you have to meet them in real life.
Would people really get up set about that? Don't have Facebook and don't intend on getting it but fuck me people getting upset about an online defriend.
Should be a tenner everytime someone takes a photo of their dinner and posts it. I’m not even on but I notice the first thing some folk do these days is take a photo of their meal.
I've noticed a load of blokes take pics of their pint in the BCB, not kids but middle aged gadgies Just don't understand it

Last edited by a moderator:
'eeeh, I have Faceook, it''s class coz you can catch with people from school that you haven't seen in 20 years'

Yep, there's a reason why you haven't seen them in 20 years.... If they were important people in your life you would have kept in touch with them
Facebook is good for remembering people’s birthdays.
If it is important to remember their birthday just stick it in as a recurring event in your phone's calendar. Otherwise, fuck em

Just one of the things you have to skate around . Like they're the only people with kids ,parents ,dogs,issues etc and they post endless memories or their trivia .
I just unfollow . I'd have to say the ones who do endless Life Quotes are the worst
Still worth going on the good stuff you get
'eeeh, I have Faceook, it''s class coz you can catch with people from school that you haven't seen in 20 years'

Yep, there's a reason why you haven't seen them in 20 years.... If they were important people in your life you would have kept in touch with them

If it is important to remember their birthday just stick it in as a recurring event in your phone's calendar. Otherwise, fuck em
It's you saying important in those examples. FB mates aren't important, more a casual pastime, so are their birthdays.

Last edited:
Folk who post shite like 'Be Nice' are usually horrible c*nts. Normal folk just try to be nice, not bang on about it.

If you don't like small talk and the minutiae of peoples' lives, fuck knows why you made an account for FB. It's like going on Tinder and complaining it's just women wanting bucking.

Last edited:
Should be charged £5 a post (unless it is a business/charity account)

I have not posted on my personal facebook for about 3 months btw, probably posted 3 times in 2021. Why do people post everything they do? Everywhere they go? Everything they eat? Everything they watch?
Well you've just posted this.

Last time I posted was my Mrs birthday.

Not to wish her a Happy Birthday ofcourse. I have a picture of my sister looking rough as fuck that I took about a decade ago, she hates it, it pops up as a memory on the Mrs' Birthday so I share it obviously.

As for people posting the minutae of their lives, I couldn't give a fuck, I won't be reading it.

Back