People were wrong about Short ...

Lot of respect for Short.
It's some of the slime pìss takers he entrusted that I detest.
It's a shame Ellis hadn't had Stuart Donald in from the start as share holder and running the club,
Things could of been a hell of a lot better,.

Still he did an honourable deed and i wish him well.
If he hadn't, things would of been a whole lot worse.

Onwards and upwards.
I agree. He came to the club with good intentions and put a lot of money into it but he was badly let down by a number of people. Sure, he made some poor appointments but they didn’t all seem bad appointments at the time

As you say if he had been better advised things could have been different

I agree. He came to the club with good intentions and put a lot of money into it but he was badly let down by a number of people. Sure, he made some poor appointments but they didn’t all seem bad appointments at the time

Correct

There was a time when it looked as if it was working and with a few better decisions, and a bit of luck, who knows.

Leicester won the title because a few weird things just fell into place against the plans of the club rather than because of them.

Last edited:
As well as the funds, Short had a vision for what Safc should be. He had the absolute right ideas for what we should do - from DoF structure to take away power from fraud managers lining their agents pockets to being data and analytics led - and was miles in advance of Donald in that regard. The issue was his lack of attention and his poor execution. As others have said, a combination of the two would have been perfect. Hopefully someone from the new consortium is sufficiently switched on to set the direction for SD to follow to allow us to get towards reaching our potential.

There was a time when it looked as if it was working and with a few better decisions, and a bit of luck, who knows.

Leicester won the title because a few weird things just fell into place against the plans of the club rather than because of them.
I always thought if a team could go on a winning run ontop of a winning run they could almost become invincible through confidence and self belief. Obviously the big clubs do this anyway but seeing a half-decent club like Leicester do it was fun.

It's why today is so important imo - three wins on the bounce...now we should be winning today, if we can win three more on the bounce we're set up for the season imo

I agree 100%. I always got the impression he was very well intentioned, but did not surround himself with the right people.

I also thought it was telling that he attended our recent finals. It was not a case of him washing his hands if us and saying good riddance, he was still a supporter.

Who Knas ....maybe the new regime might be even be positive as well?!....and it could be onwards with steady progression..haway the lads!

Short gave the fans the manager they wanted in MON.
MON was great at first, then absolute shite.

He then could have walked away and left us in the crap like most money men would do....but he didnt, he cleared our debt.

But he is still castigated by keyboard warriors who demand multi-million pound investment yet watch the games in pubs or cry merry hell if ticket prices rise by a fiver.

Short gave the fans the manager they wanted in MON.
MON was great at first, then absolute shite.

He then could have walked away and left us in the crap like most money men would do....but he didnt, he cleared our debt.

But he is still castigated by keyboard warriors who demand multi-million pound investment yet watch the games in pubs or cry merry hell if ticket prices rise by a fiver.
Be honest are you a newchassle supporter at heart marra?

Back