People were wrong about Short ...

If Ellis Short is a conman then he is the worst in history. :lol:

Obviously he isn't tho. Tried his best and ultimately failed. Costing himself an absolute fortune in the process.
He certainly failed, and how . There's no doubt at all about that . Tried his best ? No, fucked off and left that Irish bint in charge . Remember ?The one that said she didn't even like football and then went on to prove it . Cost himself a fortune ? Him personally ? No, of course not .

He certainly failed, and how . There's no doubt at all about that . Tried his best ? No, fucked off and left that Irish bint in charge . Remember ?The one that said she didn't even like football and then went on to prove it . Cost himself a fortune ? Him personally ? No, of course not .
This is just agenda driven tripe tbh.

I still think Short's a con man and I still think many people on here are gullible as they no zero about business and accounting in particular . Donald, I think is a little more up front . He's steadied the ship and intends to make money on his investments . I don't see anything wrong with that . Oh, and I'm still a fan of Ross . He's too bright to be a failure .
At least they can spell 'know'

.... and it's killing them.

There must have been dozens of posters who vehemently insisted Short had a plan to take the club into administration and 'thereby line his pockets' or whatever. Even logical replies by people who understand finance, such as @Grumpy Old Man, were dismissed out of hand by people who 'knew better'.

I suspect this is the reason for so many of these 'I bet there are hidden clauses from Short and we'll be paying him for years' threads.

I've seen people claiming all kinds of dirty tricks regarding the takeover that will come back to haunt us, they simply refuse to believe we're debt free.

FFS lads, just accept he's done the decent thing and has given us the chance to draw a line on the past. Going back over Short, Bain, Byrne, etc etc etc is destructive and part of the problem. It's often said, on here, that there's a self destructive attitude from people who just happy clap and accept shit ..... so why don't those people look on the bright side, for once, and accept this opportunity to rebuild the club in the right way, just a thought.
I never for a second thought he was planning on lining his pockets. He made a series of terrible decisions, and ultimately paid for them out of his own pocket.

So while I'm still convinced I'm right that he was the main issue at the club, he did do the decent thing of cleaning up some of his shit before he fucked off.

Doesn't make him a conman which is a very poor accusation imo.

Lot of respect for Short.
It's some of the slime pìss takers he entrusted that I detest.
It's a shame Ellis hadn't had Stuart Donald in from the start as share holder and running the club,
Things could of been a hell of a lot better,.

Still he did an honourable deed and i wish him well.
If he hadn't, things would of been a whole lot worse.

Onwards and upwards.

I never for a second thought he was planning on lining his pockets. He made a series of terrible decisions, and ultimately paid for them out of his own pocket.

So while I'm still convinced I'm right that he was the main issue at the club, he did do the decent thing of cleaning up some of his shit before he fucked off.

He invested heavily in a badly run business. Doubtful he spent too much if his own time overseeing day to day events.

The wrong people were running his show. So of course it is ultimately his responsibility BUT he left the club with a good chance of recovery. Hopefully this is about to be realised.

.... and it's killing them.

There must have been dozens of posters who vehemently insisted Short had a plan to take the club into administration and 'thereby line his pockets' or whatever. Even logical replies by people who understand finance, such as @Grumpy Old Man, were dismissed out of hand by people who 'knew better'.

I suspect this is the reason for so many of these 'I bet there are hidden clauses from Short and we'll be paying him for years' threads.

I've seen people claiming all kinds of dirty tricks regarding the takeover that will come back to haunt us, they simply refuse to believe we're debt free.

FFS lads, just accept he's done the decent thing and has given us the chance to draw a line on the past. Going back over Short, Bain, Byrne, etc etc etc is destructive and part of the problem. It's often said, on here, that there's a self destructive attitude from people who just happy clap and accept shit ..... so why don't those people look on the bright side, for once, and accept this opportunity to rebuild the club in the right way, just a thought.
Mate, there's people on here who think the world is flat. Don't hold out your hand. You'll get it bitten off.

He invested heavily in a badly run business. Doubtful he spent too much if his own time overseeing day to day events.

The wrong people were running his show. So of course it is ultimately his responsibility BUT he left the club with a good chance of recovery. Hopefully this is about to be realised.
This was his main problem, Too many wronguns, with their fingers on the rudder.

I never thought of Short as anything other than an honourable man.
Ellis Short was sold the dream by Niall Quinn. All was well whilst Quinn was still at the club, it's when he left it all turned to shit, mainly caused by the incompetence of Margaret Byrne. I think it was at this point that Short was past caring and wasn't going to give any more financial backing. He cleared the debt and this gave Stewart Donald and co. the chance to sort out the financial mess that was created by the likes of Byrne and we are now a very marketable product for these new "investors" to take us on the next step back to where we belong. Everything is already there infrastructure wise, just need to upgrade on players now.

Ellis Short was sold the dream by Niall Quinn. All was well whilst Quinn was still at the club, it's when he left it all turned to shit, mainly caused by the incompetence of Margaret Byrne. I think it was at this point that Short was past caring and wasn't going to give any more financial backing. He cleared the debt and this gave Stewart Donald and co. the chance to sort out the financial mess that was created by the likes of Byrne and we are now a very marketable product for these new "investors" to take us on the next step back to where we belong. Everything is already there infrastructure wise, just need to upgrade on players now.

Agreed, although i do think we have some decent honest hard working players now that are more than capable of getting us promotion,
Thats a big improvement on what we had too often in the past few years.

He cared, he tried everything he could but ultimately he was clueless and the people he trusted were unqualified and beyond useless; from his chief executives, across the board and to the directors of football. He had to go but I always had some sympathy for him.

I’d be amazed if he wasn’t involved in the brokering of this deal in some way. His background in hedge fund management and taking on distressed assets is very similar to the members of MSD who are taking over. Methven apparently had a US contact who’d been involved with football, don’t think it’d be a massive leap to suggest that may have been Ellis Short

Back