People out and about in the nice weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for long post people but I had to point something out regarding the current spread rate but feel free to skip my post ;)

I've posted this in here as it's more relevant than the UK deaths thread. There are tighter lockdown measures that can be implemented as has been said elsewhere but maybe a city/area lockdown might be better.

I say this as I've got data that can quickly show info about areas and create graphs within a minute so I just checked something. Out of all the NHS areas in England, only 2 have over 1,000 cases and 3rd highest has 809. It's Birmingham that has the most cases with 1,305 and they've shot up recently so over 500 more than the 3rd highest! Just look at the graph below showing how the cases are rising.

Logon or register to see this image

You may straight away think "but they've got a large population over 1,000,000" but ignoring London''s numbers, Birmingham, Wolves and Walsall are 3 of 4 of the areas with the highest places infection rate, Sheffield is the other. These are amount of people per case as they're located very close, Birmingham, Wolves and Walsall average just 980 people per case when added together. For comparison, Sunderland is 1825.

Sheffield - 798
Walsall - 917
Wolverhampton - 953
Birmingham - 1003

If you look at the daily cases per day compared to population it's getting less and less for Birmingham. It's gone from 18,000 to 9,000 in the last 5 days so showing no change even after 12 days of lockdown! This is probably from people being infected after lockdown and more to do with selfish knackers going about their business as normal as they can while others take more precautions.

Logon or register to see this image

This is Birmingham rate of population per case per day along with others. You can see Birmingham are on a steeper climb than the rest. Sheffield is as it seems the last few days have shown a sharp rise.

I'm not racist and don't want this to turn racist as I understand it's their religion but it's knackers like this that will make the lockdown last longer for the nation! This below was in Washwood Heath, Birmingham and apparently it's not an isolated incident. What they should do is restrict exercise in cities like this that are showing trends like this rather than the nation as a whole.

:edit: typo as it says I don't want to turn racist but I meant into a racist thread! :lol:

Those figures only show those tested though, so are they not hugely biased by that fact?

Any attempt at complete lockdown wouldn’t work, imho, would lead to civil unrest and more domestic violence. So they have to balance slowing down the spread with all the other impacts of controls. There is no easy answer. They should probably have acted two weeks sooner than they did and I hear there is still little in the way of controls on people arriving into Heathrow, so we could be importing fresh cases all the time.

Any attempt at complete lockdown wouldn’t work, imho, would lead to civil unrest and more domestic violence. So they have to balance slowing down the spread with all the other impacts of controls. There is no easy answer. They should probably have acted two weeks sooner than they did and I hear there is still little in the way of controls on people arriving into Heathrow, so we could be importing fresh cases all the time.

Just increase fines. Dont punish people who have been following rules further. Those who are out sunbathing etc fine them a grand or take details & deny them access to government funded pay. Soon see them stay inside.

Well I've been on a total lockdown for 3 weeks now as I'm classed as vulnerable so if people are allowed out for some exercise they should still stick to the rules or we'll all be in total lockdown.

Think people need to realise that the more they go out, the longer the lockdown will go on for. Could potentially spend the majority of the summer in lockdown because some people want to go for a bit of sun.

One of my Mrs mates were saying she is going up snowdon today as the weather is supported to be nice. She’s the type that would post pictures as well So tempted to report her

And she’s posting pictures at the top of snowdon. Feel like the grinch but it’s been reported

Its a very complicated issue, with lots of complex trade offs & wider implications that very few people understand. We dont have to understand them, just do what we have been asked to do, it really isnt that difficult. Even if you dont want to listen to the government, listen to the NHS workers who are dealing with all the shit on a daily basis, running themselves into the ground & putting their own lives at risk to keep us all safe.
i was more arguing about more protection for supermarket staff not a free for all

Gobshite charver lass up the road is in her front garden with about ten of her ‘mates’. They’re the type that have get togethers and parties where everyone can see (and hear) what they’re doing. They have a decent size back garden...

Nothing like shrieking harpies and yammering yobs on a Sunday afternoon.

Gobshite charver lass up the road is in her front garden with about ten of her ‘mates’. They’re the type that have get togethers and parties where everyone can see (and hear) what they’re doing. They have a decent size back garden...

Nothing like shrieking harpies and yammering yobs on a Sunday afternoon.
And you’ve not phoned the police ?

And you’ve not phoned the police ?

I want to, believe me, but they’re not people I want to mess with. There’s a few of the family on the estate, and I’ve crossed swords with them before. If the police are called, they’ll probably suspect me. Everyone else either tongues their hoops or avoids them.

Family over the road I’ve mentioned many times are still minding their grandkids every day as well...

Last edited:
Terrible craic to ban 100 %of the population from excercise because of the 1%.

They will enter dangerous territory if they do. Maybes if they had not savages they police services we could police this better

I want to, believe me, but they’re not people I want to mess with. There’s a few of the family on the estate, and I’ve crossed swords with them before. If the police are called, they’ll probably suspect me. Everyone else either tongues their hoops or avoids them.

Family over the road I’ve mentioned many times are still minding their grandkids every day as well...

sounds like you live in a shit area i'd move if i was you

True to form, as predicted at 7am been ANY AMOUNT of dickheads on social media defending the sunbathers and BBQers down South.... i despair me like.

sounds like you live in a shit area i'd move if i was you

:lol:
It’s a small estate in a village. It’s safe and most people are OK, but like everywhere else it has one or two families who think everyone else needs to watch and admire their activities. In other words, they’re massive attention seekers.

It’s a long way from being a shit area, but it’s not perfect.

I live in an apartment with a 3 year old and a ten month old in Bangkok, Thailand. Cases started showing up here in January. My kids have literally not been outside since the end of January. We're protecting them and we're trying not be part of the spread that could kill someone else.

If we can do it, then I'm sure most people in the UK can manage under the present guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back