People out and about in the nice weather

Mackem DJ

Striker
Growing number of people on social media trying to justify hanging around on beaches and in parks this weekend. It’s a view that is gathering loads of momentum.

Are we the most arrogant, entitled and selfish generation or nation of all?

Barely into this lockdown period and people are already rebelling and thinking this doesn’t apply to me. Yes it must be hard not having a garden but people need to get some perspective, this is killing thousands.

Go for a brisk 30 min walk when its quiet, try to go places that you dont think will be as busy. What the fuck is wrong with society? Maybe the government haven’t been strict enough on this (in addition to all their other failings).

sorry if SEB elsewhere.

Last edited:

A proportion of every generation will be doing this today given the weather. To be fair as well, if I didn't have a garden I'd probably look the other way in regards to government guidelines as would many others, although they wouldn't admit it.

I've seen newspaper pictures from yesterday of groups of people being moved on, one park had over 300, police moved them on and closed the park, ammunition if the Government want to tighten the lockdown, today could be worse and if is then I suspect we will find that all parks are closed.
if it was me I would say anyone caught breaking the instructions should be barred from getting treatment if they get ill

I've seen newspaper pictures from yesterday of groups of people being moved on, one park had over 300, police moved them on and closed the park, ammunition if the Government want to tighten the lockdown, today could be worse and if is then I suspect we will find that all parks are closed.
if it was me I would say anyone caught breaking the instructions should be barred from getting treatment if they get ill
One of the local councils (Sunderland or Shields) have had to physically remove the climbing frames, swings etc from a park to try to stop people going in.

The authorities really need to be more firm here.

One of the local councils (Sunderland or Shields) have had to physically remove the climbing frames, swings etc from a park to try to stop people going in.

The authorities really need to be more firm here.
Herrington Park closed yesterday. I was talking to the gardener in there last week and he had roped off the skate park. Came back a few hours later and there were about five kids in skating and an adult in a deck chair. A f***ing deck chair man.
Thought this fucker was a successful business man haha

Another twat who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Last edited:
it makes my head ache (possibly first symptom) if it is that infectious then taking a delivery or going to chemist or a supermarket means you'll get it . I'd like clear guidance because the idea that you catch it outside if you walk within 2m of someone but people are still working is at best absurd and at worst criminal.

We'll just end up in a situation where we were 2 weeks back with thousands heading to the coast and other beauty spots.
Hope I'm wrong but there's still the chance of tougher measures being brought in.

I’ll reiterate. Without doubt the most arrogant and entitled generation of all.

Just being completely honest. Arrogance, maybe? Entitled, absolutely not.

Having a little one running about and my partner working from home is at times an almost impossible task as it is.

Thought this fucker was a successful business man haha

What a f***ing tit. You can only leave the house for one of four reasons. It really is that simple. Sunbathing isn’t one of those reasons.
A proportion of every generation will be doing this today given the weather. To be fair as well, if I didn't have a garden I'd probably look the other way in regards to government guidelines as would many others, although they wouldn't admit it.
Go out for a walk, once a day. That is allowed. Going to a park to sunbathe is not allowed.

Last edited:
Just being completely honest. Arrogance, maybe? Entitled, absolutely not.

Having a little one running about and my partner working from home is at times an almost impossible task as it is.
It is entitled though. It’s exactly what it is.

And is that really an impossible task relative to what hospitals are going through at the moment which is only going to be exacerbated by selfish fuckers not willing to play their part and make tiny sacrifices.

If I had a yard or lived in a flat I’d be struggling not to go out when it gets hot, say, next month.

This is when it will really start to affect people’s mental health.

I can understand the scepticism of some when it was just 2-3 weeks ago everyone was told by one of the CMOs team there was no evidence that closing football grounds would have any great impact as the virus could barely survive outdoors.

For the record I am following the guidelines and won't be doing anything like the examples posted so far. I am also fortunate to have a decent garden and plenty of rural, sparsely populated walking areas nearby.

Back