People out and about in the nice weather

I live in an apartment with a 3 year old and a ten month old in Bangkok, Thailand. Cases started showing up here in January. My kids have literally not been outside since the end of January. We're protecting them and we're trying not be part of the spread that could kill someone else.

If we can do it, then I'm sure most people in the UK can manage under the present guidelines.

i think a majority are tbh, its the minority who just don’t give a shit.

good luck to you, must be hard with kids that age for that length of time

To be honest before the more general lockdown came in I was starting to act on the advice I got in the vulnerable people's letter which was that if you live with others then retreat to your bedroom and only go to the kitchen for food when no one else is in the kitchen then take the meal back to your bedroom to eat. Then both my sons at home were laid off work and a more general lockdown came in. If there is easing of the lockdown then I suppose it will be back to solitary confinement for me and the wife. So it is kinda weird. Part of me is hoping the restrictions ease as that indicates things are getting better but that will be worse for me in other ways. I might just go mad for the crack. ;)

I do apart from my one walk a day taking about 45 minutes. The guidance does not stipulate 30 minutes.

”one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.”

Pretty sure 30 mins was mentioned a few times at at least one of the pressers? Hopefully the exercise privilege won’t be removed this week because some people think it doesn’t apply to them.

Pretty sure 30 mins was mentioned a few times at at least one of the pressers? Hopefully the exercise privilege won’t be removed this week because some people think it doesn’t apply to them.
That was Gove making stuff up as he went along. I think it was his own view that a 30 minute run or 60 minute walk was adequate.

I‘m not sure how long he thought a bike ride should be 🤔

That girl pulling herself up a tree on ropes in London Park, saying I am having. Couple of hours excersizing doing my hobby, not even English FFS.

Requiring people to carry ID at all times and withdrawing treatment - ie you get bunged in a field hospital and good luck to you - would sharpen minds a bit. Barmy that we're even having to talk about tougher measures mind, some people are thick as fuck.
Too true,and being thick as fuck now that is really thick !

People who are fined and like the Chief Medical Officer for Scotland warned about their future conduct should be blacklisted and go to the back of the queue for treatment. People who obey the rules are way ahead when it comes to prioritising life, and that's what decisions by medics need to make.

Went out for a walk earlier and passed a local park with a group of twenty or more all sat close together round a bench drinking. All late teens by the looks of them. Doing it on purpose being smart arses.

I've seen newspaper pictures from yesterday of groups of people being moved on, one park had over 300, police moved them on and closed the park, ammunition if the Government want to tighten the lockdown, today could be worse and if is then I suspect we will find that all parks are closed.
if it was me I would say anyone caught breaking the instructions should be barred from getting treatment if they get ill

That is actually a brilliant idea. Names taken and struck off the NHS register til this all blows over

Horrid people. Already commented all these horror stories about panic buying and people crowding supermarket entrances and behaving like came from London & the SE. Most places up here werent anywhere as near as bad.

I looked at some stats earlier. County Durham population approx 550000 and earlier today had 199 cases. Only 4 London boroughs had less cases (lowest 145), all 4 boroughs populations were approx 200000 which is 350000 less than County Durham. Major problem when one park in Lambeth had 3000 people in yesterday

Back