People Not wearing masks in supermarkets

If I'm told to wear a mask in order to shop or go into venues, then I will.
If I'm not asked to wear one, I won't.
I always carry one in my pocket just in case.

If someone told me to take off my shoes in order to go into their home, I'd do it. If they asked me to wear a mask, I'd comply.
If they don't ask, I won't do either.

Last edited:
Well the Asda, Tesco and Morrison’s are all large supermarkets. You telling me you can stay 2m from everyone at all times in the local Sainsbury’s you visit? The aisles will be barely that wide.

They might not be crowded but you said you can easily socially distance. You really can’t.

I usually go after 8pm & can easily keep distance as its normally quiet

I called in at Morrisons in Consett tonight and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing face coverings. The ones that weren’t seemed to be the younger generation and also the utter “look at me “ fuckwits who only had beer and crisps in their trollies but were acting the big “ I am”.
The lass on the till said that overall the last two days have been okay with 90% of customers still wearing masks. The ones that aren’t according to her are the younguns, the old aged ones and as she described them “the tattooed arseholes “ 😂😂
Well done the consetters 👍

Why do people need to be judged for wearing a mask, not wearing a mask. It's got bugger all to do with anyone. Let them get on with it.
It's a little bit considerate though isn't it?
Not saying folk who don't wear one aren't, they could have loads of reasons, but I hate wearing a mask but have still worn one in supermarkets as some of the checkout staff seem to be over 65 and wear them, so if it makes them feel a bit better at work...

It's a little bit considerate though isn't it?
Not saying folk who don't wear one aren't, they could have loads of reasons, but I hate wearing a mask but have still worn one in supermarkets as some of the checkout staff seem to be over 65 and wear them, so if it makes them feel a bit better at work...

Can see both sides of the argument. They don't have to wear them though, and if they choose not to, especially if they are fully jabbed and feel confident and safe that the jab will prevent serious illness. The ones not jabbed, I can see why people would be annoyed.

Got one of those Cambridge masks. Feels really comfy to wear and with it being N95 standard, offers way more protection than a regular mask.

Cannot wait for things to get back to normal! but with current infection rates the way they are, I've no intention of ditching it just yet. If you think otherwise, you do you.

No it isn't. If you are (not you personally) vunerable wear a proper mask or just stay the in and let everyone else get on with their lives
You do know that the mask isn't used to protect the wearer, it's to protect others? So if you are vulnerable it's for the best if the people around you wear a mask.

You do know that the mask isn't used to protect the wearer, it's to protect others? So if you are vulnerable it's for the best if the people around you wear a mask.

That's why I wear a N95 mask, use hand gel everytime I use public transport, etc. With the Governments policy of 'personal responsibility', all that protect others is right out of the window!

You just have to look at some messages on this thread. There's a sizeable amount of people who, unfortunately, could not give a fuck about other people.

No it isn't. If you are (not you personally) vunerable wear a proper mask or just stay the in and let everyone else get on with their lives

Thats an extremely selfish and silly attitude.
Why do people need to be judged for wearing a mask, not wearing a mask. It's got bugger all to do with anyone. Let them get on with it.

Because that behaviour affects other people

Last edited:
Not at all. I'm just saying it isn't easy to social distance in a supermarket like you say it is.

Ive told you i can social distance and shop safely , and in what.supermarkets. It seems difficult for you to comprehend .
By your posts it sounds like you hang about aisles scared incase someone comes near you in the blancmange section. Ya probably have a tape measure. Unreal

Back