People Not wearing masks in supermarkets

Ive told you i can social distance and shop safely , and in what.supermarkets. It seems difficult for you to comprehend .
By your posts it sounds like you hang about aisles scared incase someone comes near you in the blancmange section. Ya probably have a tape measure. Unreal

I’m sure you believe you can. So you’re walking down an aisle and someone else is walking down the same aisle, you’ll pass each other. The aisle isn’t wide enough for you to leave a 2m gap between you both…what do you do?

I simply give people as much space as I can, the reality is that it isn’t possible to maintain a 2m distance at all times due to the volume of people in the store.

If having respect for other people is beyond your comprehension then I understand why you’re struggling here

Was at tesco this morning, must have seen well over 100 people there and probably only 2 or 3 without masks. Everyone really observing distance too. Think plenty folks have had a reminder about this virus recently and it has focused people's minds again.

Was at tesco this morning, must have seen well over 100 people there and probably only 2 or 3 without masks. Everyone really observing distance too. Think plenty folks have had a reminder about this virus recently and it has focused people's minds again.

Agree with this, the whoppers will always be whoppers so it’s up the sensible amongst us to keep on keeping on.

I’m sure you believe you can. So you’re walking down an aisle and someone else is walking down the same aisle, you’ll pass each other. The aisle isn’t wide enough for you to leave a 2m gap between you both…what do you do?

I simply give people as much space as I can, the reality is that it isn’t possible to maintain a 2m distance at all times due to the volume of people in the store.

If having respect for other people is beyond your comprehension then I understand why you’re struggling here

If someone is looking at a pot noodle and i walk past them in an open area you do understand i wont catch covid from them , yes ?
I haven't caught covid. And wont ever catch it in wessington way
You keep ya mask on forever.

Agree with this, the whoppers will always be whoppers so it’s up the sensible amongst us to keep on keeping on.
Aye mate what it tells me is that people (majority) are doing what they know is the right thing irrespective of the latest mumbling and bumbling of our leaders. Well done the people.
I think in general, the normal people among us have always observed distancing in supermarkets just out of sheer good manners. It's just more apparent now.
It's an interesting point you make but sadly there are a lot of ill mannered people, I'm sure you will have encountered them. I recall countless times standing looking at a shelf of goods in a super market ailse only for some buffoon to come and push /stand right in front as if you're invisible, funny that's not happened once since March 2020. Maybe a load of people have developed some decorum. I live in South Tyneside where cases have been through the roof recently so it's good to see folks taking simple precautions whilst in busy public confines.

Last edited:
If someone is looking at a pot noodle and i walk past them in an open area you do understand i wont catch covid from them , yes ?
I haven't caught covid. And wont ever catch it in wessington way
You keep ya mask on forever.

So no answer then? Just admit that supermarkets are not fit for social distancing and you can’t actually keep 2m at all time due to the space and volume of people.

I’m wearing a mask and keeping my distance as best I can, because case rates are high right now.

Not sure what your obsession with Wessington Way is, I’ve never heard of the place.

So no answer then? Just admit that supermarkets are not fit for social distancing and you can’t actually keep 2m at all time due to the space and volume of people.

I’m wearing a mask and keeping my distance as best I can, because case rates are high right now.

Not sure what your obsession with Wessington Way is, I’ve never heard of the place.

Im just making clear what supermarket i use. Im double jabbed and have regular tests because of my job role.
You just keep cowering in your 5 supermarket aisles masked up for the rest of your life

Case rates aren't high

What's your trigger point for stopping wearing a mask. Genuine question.

When case rates and infections fall significantly from their current high levels, and hospitalisations come down and stay down.

Im just making clear what supermarket i use. Im double jabbed and have regular tests because of my job role.
You just keep cowering in your 5 supermarket aisles masked up for the rest of your life

Cowering :lol: Just doing my bit for the benefit of other people. Clearly that's an alien concept to you.

Case rates aren't high

Are we really going to do this again? I'm getting a bit tired of you denying the truth or making stuff up - the 7-day average case rate in the UK is 490/100k, with a steadily increasing case rate in the over 60s population too.

By what logic are case rates not high? An average of 40,000 cases in the week ending July 20, which is around what we were experiencing over Christmas and New Year.

Case rates are high.

Infections are high too - the ONS estimates that during the week ending July 17, 740,000 people were positive with COVID. That's 1.4% of the population.

Last edited:

Back