People coming into work with cold/flu..

What the fuck is wrong with them? Im bad as a dog just before Christmas now after a lass who sits next to me came in coughing and spluttering last week :evil: I didn't feel this bad after being soaked through at Accrington and sat on a coach in damp clothes for an hour :rolleyes:

I agree completely, If I've got even a hint of a sniff I wouldn't go in to any of my last three or four jobs because me missing a day or two is surely better than the whole building having a day or two off or also being in work ill spreading the germs about.

The missus on the other hand works in a job that doesn't pay her if she's off sick so today for example she's loaded with cold, can barely speak with her sore throat, and insisted on going in to work.

It's the twats that think they are martyrs, that are the worst. f***ing stay at home you germ riddled, boss arse licking, scared of 'The Man' it's capitalism and how it fucks you over in life, soft cock or saggy blurt wassocks!

:lol:

TESTIFY BROTHER!

Last edited:
To be fair like I’m not losing a days pay just because I’ve got a cold, if someone else gets poorly as a result it’s tough shit. I would also suggest you stop being a massive blurt, get a lemsip down you and get on with it.
This, haven't had a day off sick since mid 2009 :eek: :lol:

If someone stays off at our place they get called worse than shite off the staff, because most are overworked, add the that the anxiety of them coming back to work that hasn’t been covered properly, then needing to catch up.

Then the return to work and all the silly questions that come with it. Plus looking unfavourable to the Management who shouldn’t really be doing that job.

It’s lose, lose for most these days. Unfortunately it’s became a way of life. Thankfully I’m not under that structure, but I still wouldn’t stay off with a cold, I’d fall too far behind, and I personally don’t think it’s enough to have a day off.

Felt like shite past 3 days but I’m still turning into work , only an absolute pussy would take a sickie with cold .
Proper flu maybes

We have a culture in this country of viewing people taking time off sick with suspicion which leads to people coming in sick.

But, anyone taking time off for a cold is a proper soft cock. If you can work from home fine do that but take a days sick for a headache and sniffle?

One place I worked at had a policy of four times off sick in a year got you on a disciplinary. It didn’t matter if it was for life saving surgery, a cold, cancer or contagious illnesses. That is why people come in sick.

Two years ago I was on a zero hour contract. Caught the flu at work passed it to my daughter and she ended up on life support for four days. I'm inclined to agree with the OP after that. Edit: Then a week unpaid looking after her.

One place I worked at had a policy of four times off sick in a year got you on a disciplinary. It didn’t matter if it was for life saving surgery, a cold, cancer or contagious illnesses. That is why people come in sick.
This. 3 times a year and disciplinary at mine and our lasses iirc.

Does the op expect managers to say no bother mate, dont bother coming in? Most places will tell ya to take a paracetamol and get yaself in

My last job was like that. Verbal warning if you were off sick three times in a year, even if it was something more serious and backed up with medical evidence.

Each absence had to be followed by a "back to work" interview with a complete dragon who grilled on why you were sick and what the company could do to prevent it from happening again.

My last job was like that. Verbal warning if you were off sick three times in a year, even if it was something more serious and backed up with medical evidence.

Each absence had to be followed by a "back to work" interview with a complete dragon who grilled on why you were sick and what the company could do to prevent it from happening again.
Dont forget the company's own in house doctor... who says every fucker is fit to work.

Four times is quite generous my dear old NHS Trust is 3x or 8 days total. Which is basically a weeks sick as they count your none working weekend in the days. They're kind of saying if your not back Monday its an issue.
Managers discretion applies of course but we all know what twats they can be.
Thing is NHS protocol says if you have vomited or had the shits you have to be 48 hours free before work .. As if with this sickness policy :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I agree completely, If I've got even a hint of a sniff I wouldn't go in to any of my last three or four jobs because me missing a day or two is surely better than the whole building having a day or two off or also being in work ill spreading the germs about.

The missus on the other hand works in a job that doesn't pay her if she's off sick so today for example she's loaded with cold, can barely speak with her sore throat, and insisted on going in to work.

:lol:

TESTIFY BROTHER!

That's a piss take. No need.

Particularly if it's the type of job where someone else has to pick up your slack.

Back