People coming into work with cold/flu..

What the fuck is wrong with them? Im bad as a dog just before Christmas now after a lass who sits next to me came in coughing and spluttering last week :evil: I didn't feel this bad after being soaked through at Accrington and sat on a coach in damp clothes for an hour :rolleyes:

To be fair like I’m not losing a days pay just because I’ve got a cold, if someone else gets poorly as a result it’s tough shit. I would also suggest you stop being a massive blurt, get a lemsip down you and get on with it.

I know what you mean, but staying off work with a bit of a cold is not usually looked upon favourably by bosses and other colleagues.

To be fair like I’m not losing a days pay just because I’ve got a cold, if someone else gets poorly as a result it’s tough shit. I would also suggest you stop being a massive blurt, get a lemsip down you and get on with it.
People where I work don't lose a days pay for being off sick

Would she get paid if she phoned in sick?
Nope, would understand it slightly more if she did.

Tricky one, on the one hand aye you shouldn't really come in with a cold/ flu and pass it on, but equally if you phone in sick too often you get people questioning your attendance/ commitment. I'm lucky that I get paid if I'm sick and can often work from home, but for people who aren't in that position you can understand why they'd come in

Tricky one, on the one hand aye you shouldn't really come in with a cold/ flu and pass it on, but equally if you phone in sick too often you get people questioning your attendance/ commitment. I'm lucky that I get paid if I'm sick and can often work from home, but for people who aren't in that position you can understand why they'd come in
Aye, I could understand if she didn't get paid and couldn't afford to lose the days money. But we do get paid. Obviously if it was a really regular thing i'm sure someone would say something but she's never off unless its holidays etc. Can't see any benefit to her coming in and giving everyone else it.

More fool her then.
I'll have that sympathy for my severe case of life threatening man-flu now please sir.

Aye, I could understand if she didn't get paid and couldn't afford to lose the days money. But we do get paid. Obviously if it was a really regular thing i'm sure someone would say something but she's never off unless its holidays etc. Can't see any benefit to her coming in and giving everyone else it.

Aye, if you get paid anyway and if it isn't regular, and especially if you could work from home so not even have it recorded as an absence, then it's daft coming in and passing it on. I think some just want to come in and look like martyrs as if it'll impress the boss, rather than just making them think "ah for fucks sake, everyone will be ill now"

Aye, if you get paid anyway and if it isn't regular, and especially if you could work from home so not even have it recorded as an absence, then it's daft coming in and passing it on. I think some just want to come in and look like martyrs as if it'll impress the boss, rather than just making them think "ah for fucks sake, everyone will be ill now"
Worst part is, we've got the same manager. She doesn't even bother recording the day off, just says "Make the time up" and never ever follows through to see if we do. Unreal man :lol:

What the fuck is wrong with them? Im bad as a dog just before Christmas now after a lass who sits next to me came in coughing and spluttering last week :evil: I didn't feel this bad after being soaked through at Accrington and sat on a coach in damp clothes for an hour :rolleyes:
No sick pay and the urge not to be homeless to be honest, but if you get paid I'd be in bed binge watching Netflix while drinking straight jack Daniels

People who come in when they clearly should be at home are worse.

You don’t get any awards or bonuses for coming in spreading your germs about the workplace.

Back