People coming into work with cold/flu..

I was coughing and sneezing most of last week, still made it into work. Refuse to go off on the sick just for a head cold. Too much hassle of having to sit through a stage one return to work interview with HR.

It would be interesting if someone sued their employer after picking up an illness from a co-worker who was allowed to stay at work.

I'm sure they have a duty of care for all employees welfare.

What the fuck is wrong with them? Im bad as a dog just before Christmas now after a lass who sits next to me came in coughing and spluttering last week :evil: I didn't feel this bad after being soaked through at Accrington and sat on a coach in damp clothes for an hour :rolleyes:
It's the twats that think they are martyrs, that are the worst. f***ing stay at home you germ riddled, boss arse licking, scared of 'The Man' it's capitalism and how it fucks you over in life, soft cock or saggy blurt wassocks!

What the fuck is wrong with them? Im bad as a dog just before Christmas now after a lass who sits next to me came in coughing and spluttering last week :evil: I didn't feel this bad after being soaked through at Accrington and sat on a coach in damp clothes for an hour :rolleyes:

The common cold is a virus and can’t be caught from simply being wet.
If you caught a cold coming back from Acrington it’s because you were exposed to the virus, not because of the weather.

It's the height of Selfishness & ignorance imo, f***ing boils my piss when people feel slightly better & go into work/school & when feeling slightly better but still have a virus. :evil:

It's the twats that think they are martyrs, that are the worst. f***ing stay at home you germ riddled, boss arse licking, scared of 'The Man' it's capitalism and how it fucks you over in life, soft cock or saggy blurt wassocks!
but mate what if they need the money from the shift to feed their bairns there, what if it was you and the twins mate? you had a nasty cold but you knew if you stayed home you wouldnt get paid and you really need the money to keep a roof over your bairns heads mate, or the bairns were hungry and you couldn't get down the gp for an appointment to get a food bank referral mate. this is what it's like for the jam these days mate. zero hours, no security. straight choice work colleague or bairn?

If you were a public sector worker you would be quickly on a sick warning for odd days absence. Thats why people come in and spread germs through the whole office. Look after numero uno. Appaling the Civil Service sick policy for genuine hard concientious workers

but mate what if they need the money from the shift to feed their bairns there, what if it was you and the twins mate? you had a nasty cold but you knew if you stayed home you wouldnt get paid and you really need the money to keep a roof over your bairns heads mate, or the bairns were hungry and you couldn't get down the gp for an appointment to get a food bank referral mate. this is what it's like for the jam these days mate. zero hours, no security. straight choice work colleague or bairn?
I'd build the bairn a den to sleep in and dig up so tatties to feed them.

A cold isn't a reason not to go to work.

We run on a pretty tight staff as it is, one down and it impinges on all the rest.

Quite often some work doesn't get done and that makes it harder for the returning employee.

No pay, doesnt encourage you to stay at home.

Back