Pensioner kills Burglar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in an area that has issues with gypsy camps I have a very low opinion of their one rule for you, no rules for us attitude.
But even in war you should respect the dead. At the end of the day he has paid more for his crimes than rapists, murderers and paedos do.

respect them at a church, at home. no need for it to be propogated in the area of a crime taking place.

I dont like these pop uop memorials anyway but if it was an innocent bystander murdered then I could accept it.. a scum character hung by his own petard then I have no sympathy or respect at all.

Its intimidation and the travllers well know it.

Breaking into a pensioner's house armed with a screwdriver and the intention of threatening and robbing them is hardly war though, mate.

Awful crimes, no sympathy that he’s dead, but iirc his family had put flowers there and his children written cards and stuck them there.

Maybe to some that’s intimidation but the bloke’s bairns have done nothing wrong.

What bothers me more is how the taking down of the flowers is done in an attention-seeking manner.

What should have happened is discussions with the police and an agreement between all parties not to put flowers and cards there.

Instead we just have this mess.

Full disclaimer before the brain dead lay into me

- The bloke deserves no sympathy

- I see why putting flowers there etc causes problems, not saying it’s the right thing to do

- I’m saying the manner in which they’ve been taken down, destroyed, made a show of for the press is being done for attention seeking reasons and not the good of the community

- Let’s not forget the blokes kids had put flowers and cards there. Young bairns man.

respect them at a church, at home. no need for it to be propogated in the area of a crime taking place.

I dont like these pop uop memorials anyway but if it was an innocent bystander murdered then I could accept it.. a scum character hung by his own petard then I have no sympathy or respect at all.

I don't like them period, but he was still loved by family etc.
Gypos go over the top with funerals and such, so it is not out of character with them, though not saying it isn't intimidation.
Have you witnessed a gypo funeral, last I saw had 3 open back trucks all full to the brim of flowers, makes their weddings look understated.

Awful crimes, no sympathy that he’s dead, but iirc his family had put flowers there and his children written cards and stuck them there.

Maybe to some that’s intimidation but the bloke’s bairns have done nothing wrong.

What bothers me more is how the taking down of the flowers is done in an attention-seeking manner.

What should have happened is discussions with the police and an agreement between all parties not to put flowers and cards there.

- I see why putting flowers there etc causes problems, not saying it’s the right thing to do

- I’m saying the manner in which they’ve been taken down, destroyed, made a show of for the press is being done for attention seeking reasons and not the good of the community

- Let’s not forget the blokes kids had put flowers and cards there. Young bairns man.

maybe the fella shoudl have though about his kids before becoming a thieving scumbag.. what about his kids when he is serving time inside

The problem is they were attaching it to private property near the scene of a crime. Insensitive at least, intimidating at worst.

Sure, grieve your loved ones even if they are scumbags but have some consideration for how you're doing it.

maybe the fella shoudl have though about his kids before becoming a thieving scumbag.. what about his kids when he is serving time inside

I never said he was father of the year and I said he didn’t deserve any sympathy

I do however have sympathy for innocent bairns seeing their tribute to their dad torn down and trampled on, on the news.

I never said he was father of the year and I said he didn’t deserve any sympathy

I do however have sympathy for innocent bairns seeing their tribute to their dad torn down and trampled on, on the news.

I'm not for trampling onm the flowers... take them down and leave them in a churchyard or something like that

I have to agree with all your points. That said, the way his family are choosing to mourn is undeniably confrontational, gaudy, and inappropriate given the circumstances and this is what rankles with people, I think.

the first report i read on the bbc, think it was on monday, said that the first tributes had been taken down over night, discretely, and the only flowers left were the ones from the blokes kids. it said that no one had admitted responsibility for taking them down.

the gypsies must have returned after that and put up loads of new ones as the next thing we see is that bloke in his hat ripping them all down in front of the cameras

The problem is they were attaching it to private property near the scene of a crime. Insensitive at least, intimidating at worst.

Sure, grieve your loved ones even if they are scumbags but have some consideration for how you're doing it.

Exactly.

If the gypsy family had due care and consideration for the kids, they’d avoid attracting attention to what the scumbag was up to by arranging their tribute elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surely attaching these memorials to the victim's private property is in itself a crime? Why aren't the Police making this clear?

I have to agree with all your points. That said, the way his family are choosing to mourn is undeniably confrontational, gaudy, and inappropriate given the circumstances and this is what rankles with people, I think.
Of course it is. Its what Pikeys are all about, causing bother, in any circumstance.
Got no sympathy for any of them. Not a single ounce of it. *****.

Surely attaching these memorials to the victim's private property is in itself a crime? Why aren't the Police making this clear?

Probably because if they did there would be some kind of outcry and backlash against perceived discrimination by the Traveller organisations.

Surely ripping down other people's property from other people's property and damaging them on camera is a crime anarl

Respectfully move the flowers, prosecute the guy in the hat, and anyone found putting further tributes up in that road

Surely ripping down other people's property from other people's property and damaging them on camera is a crime anarl

Respectfully move the flowers, prosecute the guy in the hat, and anyone found putting further tributes up in that road

As things stand at the moment, much better for the cops to play the three wise monkeys

If it's put onto other people's property without their express permission I would say it's not then the Gypsy family's property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back