Pearl Jam

Got the pre-sale link for Dublin - €167 to be in the front 5,000 or €117 miles away watching them on big screen? They are now sold out but you can get "Premium" tickets for €220. Apparently these are the dynamic tickets? Legalised touting.

Standing in Manchester £240 due to dynamic pricing. Fuck right off, that's obscene.
Don't think it's even that, they were £240 when they went on sale. Utterly obscene.

For comparison, I paid £137 for a floor seat to see Tool at the Arena around the same time. Basically half price and cheaper than the worst seat in the house for PJ.

No, I just can’t justify that.

Already have tickets for Green Day so it’d be Manchester. And by the time you factor hotels and travel in, it’s just too much money for one gig.
It is but I’ve been saving since nov when the rumours started and the hotels were booked ages ago too and I’m at the stage now of wanting to do what makes me happy and they do so I’m not going to worry about the price.

I’m even at the stage now of being prepared to go and see the Darkness 🤣

It is but I’ve been saving since nov when the rumours started and the hotels were booked ages ago too and I’m at the stage now of wanting to do what makes me happy and they do so I’m not going to worry about the price.

I’m even at the stage now of being prepared to go and see the Darkness 🤣

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Do i agree with what he ticket prices are now for the likes of Pearl Jam, Bruce, U2 etc - not really no. Do I understand that its not just down to the acts themselves? Yes.
But, I am in a fortunate enough position in life now to be able to afford to go and see these types of bands still and I most certainly enjoy it when I do. At no point during U2 on Friday did it even enter my mind what the tickets had cost me as I was just lost in the moment.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Do i agree with what he ticket prices are now for the likes of Pearl Jam, Bruce, U2 etc - not really no. Do I understand that its not just down to the acts themselves? Yes.
But, I am in a fortunate enough position in life now to be able to afford to go and see these types of bands still and I most certainly enjoy it when I do. At no point during U2 on Friday did it even enter my mind what the tickets had cost me as I was just lost in the moment.
Good was it? No as good as bumping into Mike tho hey

Good was it? No as good as bumping into Mike tho hey
It was certainly a day I won't forget!
Wasn't sure it was actually him when he walked past - I was like a giddy little schoolkid when asking if it was actually him 😂

Gig was excellent. U2 are always brilliant from my experience. The Sphere is amazing, although it didn't make it the best U2 show I've ever been at (in fact not sure it would even get into my top 3).

Ticket prices have gone right down now.

Can't believe that Ticketmaster even thought they'd be able to charge a "premium" on UK tickets that were already at the very top of the price range!!!

Wish the same was the case for the USA gigs though. Had tried for Chicago but no luck. Going to keep a check on them though in the coming months.

Went to the album listening thing at Lafayette today. Was far too loud but the album sounds almost surprisingly good. Ed was on good form dishing out shots of tequila.

How did you hit so lucky to get into that??

Very jealous 😂😂

Reports do seem to be positive about the new album so far. End of the day though, it's each to their own when it comes to an album.

How did you hit so lucky to get into that??

Very jealous 😂😂

Reports do seem to be positive about the new album so far. End of the day though, it's each to their own when it comes to an album.
Having a relative that does a lot of work with Universal Music comes in handy from time to time!

A lot of heavier stuff on the album which is a positive for me. Might've come across heavier than the reality due to the earsplitting volume they played it at though. Only one song that didn't really do anything for us.

Having a relative that does a lot of work with Universal Music comes in handy from time to time!

A lot of heavier stuff on the album which is a positive for me. Might've come across heavier than the reality due to the earsplitting volume they played it at though. Only one song that didn't really do anything for us.
Which one? Did you meet Ed?

Back