PDC World Matchplay Darts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wright hasn't been great here, game on

he's knackered. it's crazy having 3 lads on tonight who only got back on monday. traditionally the champion opens up on the first night, how convenient MvG is given 2 extra days off, whilst others (3) who were in vegas and shanghai are scheduled in on the opening night. ridiculous

Don't follow darts as much as i used to, but was surprised to see Rob Cross 9th favourite, best price 66/1 and a lot shorter than a lot of other players who have been in the most recent Prremier League. I can remember him at the UK Open and maybe a tournament last year but he is not a household name and not heard too much about him. Is he massively improving or are the odds influenced by the fact he is in the quarter away from MVG, Anderson and Wright (the 3 big favourites) and the likes of Lewis and Chisnall (in his quarter) aren't playing great at the moment?

he's knackered. it's crazy having 3 lads on tonight who only got back on monday. traditionally the champion opens up on the first night, how convenient MvG is given 2 extra days off, whilst others (3) who were in vegas and shanghai are scheduled in on the opening night. ridiculous

Went to it last night, and paid through the nose on StubHub for tickets thinking MVG was on (website said the defending champion will feature on the opening night) then found out he wasn't on. Still a cracking night, first time at the darts and im paying for it this morning

Line up for today's action:-

Sunday July 23
Afternoon Session (1300 BST)
First Round (best of 19 legs)
TV Channel: Sky Sports Action

Jelle Klaasen (10) v Justin Pipe
Robert Thornton (14) v Cristo Reyes
Benito van de Pas (15) v Daryl Gurney
Mensur Suljovic (7) v John Henderson

Evening Session (1900 BST)
Dave Chisnall (5) v Mervyn King
Phil Taylor (8) v Gerwyn Price
Raymond van Barneveld (9) v Joe Cullen
Kim Huybrechts (12) v Alan Norris

Huge clash of styles in the opening game of the day but expect Klaasen to have too much firepower and if he's as deadly on D18 as usual I expect it to be quite one sided. But the way things went yesterday anything could happen I suppose.

Of the othersI fancy 2 more seeds to depart with Reyes and Gurney winning before Suljovic takes out the walking heart attack.

3 straightforward wins for the Chisnall, Taylor and RvB tonight but Huybrechts v Norris is a really tough one to call - only thing guaranteed is a load of 180s.

James Wade out as well

Was it just a coughing fit he had at 10-10 or bit of gamesmanship that went against him do you reckon? I'm no Wade fan at all but he did look genuinely ill when he left the stage. Never heard anything afterwards but I know players have complained about the humidity of the venue in recent years but he's just come back from Vegas so I wouldn't have expected it to have been a factor.

Struggling to think who he has ever bullied...I was surprised he was seeded

He manages to get beaten by himself more than any other opponent. Think the nickname came about after he beat Taylor in the 2013 World Champs but can't recall him doing much since to live up to it. Just a scowling

Was it just a coughing fit he had at 10-10 or bit of gamesmanship that went against him do you reckon? I'm no Wade fan at all but he did look genuinely ill when he left the stage. Never heard anything afterwards but I know players have complained about the humidity of the venue in recent years but he's just come back from Vegas so I wouldn't have expected it to have been a factor.

He manages to get beaten by himself more than any other opponent. Think the nickname came about after he beat Taylor in the 2013 World Champs but can't recall him doing much since to live up to it. Just scowls and looks like a right miserable tw@t most of the time he's on stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back