PDC World Matchplay Darts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was it just a coughing fit he had at 10-10 or bit of gamesmanship that went against him do you reckon? I'm no Wade fan at all but he did look genuinely ill when he left the stage. Never heard anything afterwards but I know players have complained about the humidity of the venue in recent years but he's just come back from Vegas so I wouldn't have expected it to have been a factor.
Genuine coughing fit I reckon

You know me to well bridgey got Lewis on coupon he's 40/1 and waiting on Gary Anderson to win the tournament ostapenko for us open and new England patriots for Superbowl for 13k had daft 2 quid on Reyes and gurney to give me funds for later I hope

Big fan of Gurney so hope that one comes in for you.

Really looking forward to the US Open. If I wasn't English then I'd definitely say it was my favourite slam, but Wimbledon obviously has that added something.

Really looking forward to some late nights, although I am taking a bit of holiday over the August Bank holiday period plus they play middle Sunday so should get to see a fair bit of it. Just 5 weeks tomorrow and loads if good / important build up tournaments in the run up to it.

Konta's best surface so hope she does well.

Big fan of Gurney so hope that one comes in for you.

Really looking forward to the US Open. If I wasn't English then I'd definitely say it was my favourite slam, but Wimbledon obviously has that added something.

Really looking forward to some late nights, although I am taking a bit of holiday over the August Bank holiday period plus they play middle Sunday so should get to see a fair bit of it. Just 5 weeks tomorrow and loads if good / important build up tournaments in the run up to it.

Konta's best surface so hope she does well.
Used to think gurney was a bit of a bellend but he has knuckled down he will win majors. I like the us open they play music can wear coloured clothes its a different atmosphere I'm just back from my holidays for that considering I can never sleep it gives me something to watch.

Miscount by Russ Bray earlier on the 170?

I got away with that mind lol
Pleased about that. Massive swings there, Gurney 5-2 up then 7-9 down but got a good run to finish it, helped by a lot of BVP double misses. Think I'll sit this next one out.

Anderson vs Gurney should be good - they usually produce good games.

Last edited:
Miscount by Russ Bray earlier on the 170?

Pleased about that. Massive swings there, Gurney 5-2 up then 7-9 down but got a good run to finish it, helped by a lot of BVP double misses. Think I'll sit this next one out.

Anderson vs Gurney should be good - they usually produce good games.
I hadn't seen the draw was Gary decent last night I assume Lewis has Taylor or mvg early I know he is coming back from injury but 40/1 seemed massive odds

I hadn't seen the draw was Gary decent last night I assume Lewis has Taylor or mvg early I know he is coming back from injury but 40/1 seemed massive odds

Kist was playing better than I've seen him for a while and Gary maybe a tiny bit below par so it ended up being a really enjoyable, competitive match. Na, Lewis is #4 seed which means he was guaranteed to avoid any of Anderson, MVG and Wright until the semi finals. Taylor is in MVG's quarter so it will be Lewis vs MVG if it goes according to seeding.

Lewis' path could be (as they do in tennis) Beaton-Cross-Chisnall-MVG-Anderson

Kist was playing better than I've seen him for a while and Gary maybe a tiny bit below par so it ended up being a really enjoyable, competitive match. Na, Lewis is #4 seed which means he was guaranteed to avoid any of Anderson, MVG and Wright until the semi finals. Taylor is in MVG's quarter so it will be Lewis vs MVG if it goes according to seeding.

Lewis' path could be (as they do in tennis) Beaton-Cross-Chisnall-MVG-Anderson
canny odds then for someone of his talent taylor was at 22/1 as well mind mvg wins nearly all televised events so I should know better really.

Don't follow darts as much as i used to, but was surprised to see Rob Cross 9th favourite, best price 66/1 and a lot shorter than a lot of other players who have been in the most recent Prremier League. I can remember him at the UK Open and maybe a tournament last year but he is not a household name and not heard too much about him. Is he massively improving or are the odds influenced by the fact he is in the quarter away from MVG, Anderson and Wright (the 3 big favourites) and the likes of Lewis and Chisnall (in his quarter) aren't playing great at the moment?

Hes greatly improved, running deep in nearly all the floor events. Think he's won one and made finals/s/finals/q finals on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back