Passwords - surely no-one is this dumb anymore

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I use my uncle John Password’s surname as mine

That’s a bloody long password, marra!

One of my passwords is a randomly generated one that was given to me by my first ISP back in the mid 90s!
I really shouldn’t be using it a quarter of a century on...

Last edited:

One of my passwords is a randomly generated one that was given to me by my first ISP back in the mid 90s!
I use my uncles surname as mine. John Password he’s called :)

The best thing about the iPad pro is the password function that picks a random password. With face Id and finger print I find this the best option. It's a pain tho cos it's the only apple product I use hahah so trying to remember them on my phone is a nightmare....

Use something like lastpass - can get it on iOS, Android and PC browser extension.

Oh yeah - I used to work somewhere that had monthly changed passwords - boss used 01 01 01 for her January password 02 02 02 for February and so on. Entire department knew about it.

Not the only one.

Another thought That slightly related.

I was going on a longish holiday and was going to be out of contact for a bit.

The boss asked for my password to access my emails and workspace whole I was away. I'm reasonably careful as regards making my passwords secure so he couldn't guess them

This ended when the company code of conduct was pointed out to him that I could withold these and the correct procedure was to ask for relevant data before I left.

It was probably just as well as he got sacked for fraud not too long after. :lol:

Another thought That slightly related.

I was going on a longish holiday and was going to be out of contact for a bit.

The boss asked for my password to access my emails and workspace whole I was away. I'm reasonably careful as regards making my passwords secure so he couldn't guess them

This ended when the company code of conduct was pointed out to him that I could withold these and the correct procedure was to ask for relevant data before I left.

It was probably just as well as he got sacked for fraud not too long after. :lol:
Thats what delegate access is for. Old gaffa of mine asked for the same, I showed him how to share an inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back