Passwords - surely no-one is this dumb anymore

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The code to get into the Academy of Light was 1973. I'm sure they will have changed it by now.

I happen to know a primarily mag golf course has 1973 as the alarm code or the locker room key code which was set by a mackem sparky to piss them off. May have been changed now mind.

Our IT Police make us change passwords every 2 months and consequently pretty much everyone has the same password with an increasing number at the end, you can tell how long someone has worked there by looking at the last two digits.

This is the biggest problem with passwords - we have created a security mechanism where users are pushed to using something that is hard to remember, easy for a machine to brute force and almost certain to be either based on a common root or recorded somewhere. Easier to remember passwords with longer expirations, MFA and smart conditional access are the future. (Or actually the present if IT org would keep up)

This is the biggest problem with passwords - we have created a security mechanism where users are pushed to using something that is hard to remember, easy for a machine to brute force and almost certain to be either based on a common root or recorded somewhere. Easier to remember passwords with longer expirations, MFA and smart conditional access are the future. (Or actually the present if IT org would keep up)

MFA is a massive pain in the arse, everytime I log into anything I need my f***ing phone to get a password

We receive fake phishing emails sent by our security department every so often, for the last one about 10% of staff clicked on the link in the email and entered personal details and passwords. This is in an IT software company :lol:
I work in software and I'm amazed its only 10%

They might have bits of paper to show how 'smart' they are but most would probably give me their wallet if I said I needed to check it.

Last edited:
Our IT Police make us change passwords every 2 months and consequently pretty much everyone has the same password with an increasing number at the end, you can tell how long someone has worked there by looking at the last two digits.

every 30 days when i worked, audit where strict on it. you go to some women to sort there computer problem out, ask them to log in and they'd pull a stick note from underneath desk with password wrote on it :lol:

every time safc beat nufc , i'd change the mags passwords to the score and tell em computer crashed

I think the bigger problem is the amount of people who use a universal password for all sites because they struggle to remember them otherwise. One site gets hacked, passwords sold on and the whole packs of cards collapses.
^^^ this.

It the major flaw in most people's passwords.

Different password for every site, I don't even try to remember them, just let chrome do its thing.

First job I had, there was a keypad to gain entry to the "secure" area, guy came to service it, told the boss it was fine but we needed to change the code as he had guessed it straight off (1066). Next time he came guessed the new code straight off (6969), apparently they were the most common security codes back then 1990s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back