Parkrun Thread

Probably yes, my watch normally has the 5k complete when i am running up the final hill...

So that's why I can't get anywhere near my PB at the minute ( that's what I'm saying anyways).

I had feared it was down to me slowly turning into a fat bastard over the last few months :lol:

Whitley is my local too... I'm not a massive fan of the temporary route, just too many people crossing each other's paths. Especially into the second lap....

Didn't know about those incidents, but I totally agree, they both need fuckin banning. I'm a bang average 'plodder' (PB 21.50) and I'm equally as impressed by the elite runners and the lads and lasses coming in last. To call someone names, or push someone for being to slow is disgusting, fuckin prick!

So that's why I can't get anywhere near my PB at the minute ( that's what I'm saying anyways).

I had feared it was down to me slowly turning into a fat bastard over the last few months :lol:

Whitley is my local too... I'm not a massive fan of the temporary route, just too many people crossing each other's paths. Especially into the second lap....

Didn't know about those incidents, but I totally agree, they both need fuckin banning. I'm a bang average 'plodder' (PB 21.50) and I'm equally as impressed by the elite runners and the lads and lasses coming in last. To call someone names, or push someone for being to slow is disgusting, fuckin prick!

No chance of a pb on that course. It's about 150/200 metres long at the moment.
21.50 is a decent pb by the way. Bit faster than a plodder.

Were you there this morning ? See the guy with the buggy ?!!!

I run with a few of the organisors and I volunteer to marshall a few times too. They are aware of the issues but their hands are tied with the work going on.

At least their is a run I suppose and it must be on of the most challenging parkrun around.

Have you been to Rising Sun yet. I love it

Does anyone check for parkruns when booking weekends away like me and my wife do, or is it just us saddos?

We even did 4 in australia when we were over visiting relatives in the summer which were great despite the 7am starts.....

Aye, I even checked for the nearest parkrun when I did a weekend course in Sheffield with a 10am start :oops:

Did the Saltwell Park one this morning.
Thats a bit of a beast, especially when ive been used to the non existent hills of the Rising Sun, but it was thoroughly enjoyable in a self punishing way...

Bollocks!!!!! I've signed up but missed first 2 due to work and totally forgot about it today!! I even went with bairns at 12 to Saltwell park too lol. Might try and get my first parkrun next week

If you want a quick time chester-le- Street is very flat. If you want a challenge then Blackhill and Gibside are quite hilly.

Total wankers who turn up to park runs just to win then go to the next one in the town over

Back