Parkrun Thread

Anyone tried the Keswick parkrun? staying in the Lakes in a couple of weeks and it seems to be the nearest one to where we're staying (Thirlmere)

Another parkrun PB this week at rising sun. 24.23. Didnt feel like a PB as felt like I was just plodding along. I suppose thats credit to the training i have been doing since joining a club....

Still no way near my best 5k time though

Might have a try of riverside or prudhoe this weekend as whitley bay is off so rising sun might be rammed.

I'm wanting to give this a go but don't know when to start. 3 mile takes me just under 28 mins now. Am i going to be way behind everyone that's there?

I'm wanting to give this a go but don't know when to start. 3 mile takes me just under 28 mins now. Am i going to be way behind everyone that's there?
You'll certainly not be last if you come to the Sunderland one mate. Not even close tbh. I think they have someone walking the route aswell to make sure there's no problem for stragglers.

Here's the last set of results: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/sunderland/results/latestresults/

I would imagine you will be about middle of the pack. Got to start somewhere and you have room for improvement with that sort of time. Best thing about parkrun is being able to chart your progress and having little targets to hit as you get better

I would imagine you will be about middle of the pack. Got to start somewhere and you have room for improvement with that sort of time. Best thing about parkrun is being able to chart your progress and having little targets to hit as you get better

Thanks. I went out tonight and took 1min 10 off that time so hopefully I'll be a bit quicker again on Saturday

Been doing some longer runs, so thinking of going round twice at parkrun tomorrow and getting a 10k time instead

Will I be arrested or glared at?

I've done it a few times during marathon training. Go round & cross the finish line for your 5k time then if you want to go round again don't go over the official finish line or you'll mess up the timekeepers count & cock up the times of anyone finishing after you. The stopwatches get set & saved ready for uploading when the designated tail runner crosses the line so if your 2nd time round is after that you wouldn't get a time anyway.

I done princes park run in liverpool today, jogged round with my cousin whilst still pissed. 3 laps, could be a quick course

Back