Papering over the crscks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see a situation whereby we draw less games this season.

It's still quite early. We need to get in top 2 and stay in top 2 for a considerable period before everyone really starts to believe again.

Even I predicted the win yesterday.
Stanley really were that bad in the cup match mate

And when we played them at their place end of last season. Even Wyke looked like Messi

To put it in context they had 4 20 year olds playing. Their cm has made 3 first team appearances in his whole career. They had two players who they signed from the conference and the national North.

Combined they earn less than the bloke who put us ahead who has played the vast majority of his career in international competition, champions league, premier league and championship. A bloke that even makes their old church going biddy supporters shout 'oh fuck' on live radio when he comes on as a sub 😂

Obviously yesterdays result was a welcome relief but it's still papering over the cracks.
It wasnt a good performance and if we were playing one of the better sides in the league it probably would of been a whole lot different
I'm still worried we wont make the cut under the current management it's just so boring and predictable to watch

Which bit about being two points off top with a game in hand is papering over the cracks? Our consistency is getting better not worse.
I am really tired of people whinging on about the quality of football. It’s shit, it’s the third division it’s why not many people pay to watch it. Our levels of support is incredible but frankly if you can’t stand it don’t go. Come back when we are promoted.
And walloped by Peterborough

Are Man City fans having this melt down over being beat by Norwich ?
I've just said result was welcome . . Being under the cosh by accrington is where its at unfortunately and that's worrying

The whole game? Or did they have temerity to compete a little
The football is dire the overall performances pisspoor and each and every game is monotonous with this clownshoe in charge. Hopefully post takeover the boring oaf is history and on his way back to Brechin or Berwick where his standard of football is perfectly matched

I think you should go adopt a EPL team until our return and your expectations can be met.
I agree we aren't putting in great performances. At times it's almost like watching a League 1 team.

Sarcasm Post Of The Year

Last edited:
I just posted this elsewhere but probably better suited in this thread.

Are the people defending Ross new supporters ?
Were you not around last season to witness exactly the same shite week in week out ?

We are heading for exactly the same outcome as last year. We will beat the majority of dross in this division most weeks when our individuals tip the scales but will get found out off half a dozen sides who are better than average and by default 'us'.

Play offs and lottery ticket win if we're lucky or we fall short again.

Huffing and puffing to beat absolute shite like Accrington or Wimbledon isn't pulling the wool over my eyes or dressing up exactly where we're at. Ross has had 3 windows, a budget and resources greater than the rest of the league combined, he's implemented the sweet root of fuck all on us in regards style or identity. Spent an entire pre-season pushing a system that was exposed from the off and had to ditch it.
We're outplayed every other week by tin pot clubs and rely on their inadequacies in front of goal/Johnny Mac.
or the potency of first Maja and now McGeady.

If these owners have anything about them he has to go at the end of this season regardless of the outcome, if not sooner.
Even if we somehow stumble into the championship . Pissing about with this guy will crush any feel good momentum generated by this takeover.

It’s ridiculous that we are not going to be promoted by Christmas. In fact it will spoil Christmas for my whole family...does Ross not think about these things.

I only caught the 2nd half but we seemed to be hanging on all half. Offered nothing going forward and couldn't even keep the ball.

One thing I would say I'd that we seemed to stop playing 2nd half due to be a couple of goals up when we could have went on and really made a statement by getting a few more.

I'd also like to see us be the side that presses the opposition and not the other way around, we give the opposition too much of the ball and the better sides in this league will take advantage of that.

There was some good passages of play on Saturday but we still struggle to play a full 90 minutes where we look like a dominant side and in my opinion it's because we don't put sides under pressure enough.

I see what he's doing, grinding out results by nicking a goal or two then playing defensively the rest of the time. If it means we win more than we draw so be it

The best result for all parties is if Ross scrapes automatic promotion and we don't renew his contract

I see what he's doing, grinding out results by nicking a goal or two then playing defensively the rest of the time. If it means we win more than we draw so be it

The best result for all parties is if Ross scrapes automatic promotion and we don't renew his contract
Iirc someone mentioned on here that he automatically gets a year extension if he gets promoted.

We should be winning every game by 3 or 4 goals, anything less is unacceptable for the greatest team the world has ever seen and management should be held accountable.

Obviously yesterdays result was a welcome relief but it's still papering over the cracks.
It wasnt a good performance and IF we were playing one of the better sides in the league it probably would of been a whole lot different
I'm still worried we wont make the cut under the current management it's just so boring and predictable to watch
If me auntie had knackers shed be me uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back