Papering over the crscks

Obviously yesterdays result was a welcome relief but it's still papering over the cracks.
It wasnt a good performance and if we were playing one of the better sides in the league it probably would of been a whole lot different
I'm still worried we wont make the cut under the current management it's just so boring and predictable to watch
Stopped reading at obviously

Well it was ugly for sure but that’s 1 defeat in 9 including 2 L1 challengers. 6 wins from 7 including a prem club away victory. A win yesterday that allowed the management team to make subs to make sure our best 11 are available for the 2 games a week period we are in. Those stats are promotion stats and I think that exactly what will happen. Win on Tue and we will be tracking well ahead of 2 points per game.

League 1 side fielding League 1 standard players. What do you all expect?
Should we just hope for mid table then?

Guess what.. To win promotion you have to win a lot of games... Our performances need to be better over the course of the season or we'll fuck it up again..
The internet has turned people into handwringing minge pieces hell bent on overanalysing everything. Fucks sake man back in the day we’d walk out of the ground happy as a pig in shit winning 3 1 away and gan for a pint.
Wtf is this banal shite supposed to be?

Do you just make these up to try to get likes on a football message board?

Last edited:
I just posted this elsewhere but probably better suited in this thread.

Are the people defending Ross new supporters ?
Were you not around last season to witness exactly the same shite week in week out ?

We are heading for exactly the same outcome as last year. We will beat the majority of dross in this division most weeks when our individuals tip the scales but will get found out off half a dozen sides who are better than average and by default 'us'.

Play offs and lottery ticket win if we're lucky or we fall short again.

Huffing and puffing to beat absolute shite like Accrington or Wimbledon isn't pulling the wool over my eyes or dressing up exactly where we're at. Ross has had 3 windows, a budget and resources greater than the rest of the league combined, he's implemented the sweet root of fuck all on us in regards style or identity. Spent an entire pre-season pushing a system that was exposed from the off and had to ditch it.
We're outplayed every other week by tin pot clubs and rely on their inadequacies in front of goal/Johnny Mac.
or the potency of first Maja and now McGeady.

If these owners have anything about them he has to go at the end of this season regardless of the outcome, if not sooner.
Even if we somehow stumble into the championship . Pissing about with this guy will crush any feel good momentum generated by this takeover.

Mike Dropped 🎙

Obviously yesterdays result was a welcome relief but it's still papering over the cracks.
It wasnt a good performance and if we were playing one of the better sides in the league it probably would of been a whole lot different
I'm still worried we wont make the cut under the current management it's just so boring and predictable to watch
Someone needs to paper over your crscks

Is this how it’s going to be now? Fans unhappy with 3-1 away wins?
Impatient, entitled. I enjoy all wins no matter how scrappy.
Do
Think people are going over board cos we beat a team who are near the bottom..and who opened us up in 5 mins...would we have won if we were playing the likes of Doncaster...doubtful....there seems to be a lot of better than us teams in the division this season..and as people are saying with our squad we should be walking this league...so why arnt we....got to be down to manager...I for one would love to see Allerdyce back...at least he shows some passion which Ross never does...
D
Di Canio showed passion.

Last edited:
Is this how it’s going to be now? Fans unhappy with 3-1 away wins?
Impatient, entitled. I enjoy all wins no matter how scrappy.

nobody is unhappy with winning 3-1, at least i haven't seen anyone say they are unhappy with the result.

it is allowed though for people to discuss the perfomances, of the team, individually, tactics, managers decisions etc... thats the nature of a football forum. and frankly, we haven't looked like a 'good' league one team all year. it promising that we are getting relatively good results, which is what its all about, when playing poorly. its just frustrating that we look like, as a squad and a club, that we should be performing a lot better. its healthy to want to improve

I've just said result was welcome . . Being under the cosh by accrington is where its at unfortunately and that's worrying
So we have to win without the oppo having chances? Football’s just not like that. At least not in the fifty years I’ve been watching . You’ll drive yourself mad if you expect to win every game comfortably.
nobody is unhappy with winning 3-1, at least i haven't seen anyone say they are unhappy with the result.

it is allowed though for people to discuss the perfomances, of the team, individually, tactics, managers decisions etc... thats the nature of a football forum. and frankly, we haven't looked like a 'good' league one team all year. it promising that we are getting relatively good results, which is what its all about, when playing poorly. its just frustrating that we look like, as a squad and a club, that we should be performing a lot better. its healthy to want to improve
Ok. But not all the comments fall into the category of reasoned debate. There is also some raging whinging

Last edited:
So we have to win without the oppo having chances? Football’s just not like that. At least not in the fifty years I’ve been watching . You’ll drive yourself mad if you expect to win every game comfortably.

Ok. But not all the comments fall into the category of reasoned debate. There is also some raging whinging

i think people are fed up with watching dreadful football, we haven't played well for a sustained period of a season for about 5 years. i think it was presumed that one good thing about being in league 1 is that at least we would be watching attacking football, winning comfortably most weeks etc.. and its simply not happened. looking at the bigger picture, on current form results wise we would be looking good for promotion, but performance wise on the pitch we are a million miles away from playing championship standard football.

i think people are fed up with watching dreadful football, we haven't played well for a sustained period of a season for about 5 years. i think it was presumed that one good thing about being in league 1 is that at least we would be watching attacking football, winning comfortably most weeks etc.. and its simply not happened. looking at the bigger picture, on current form results wise we would be looking good for promotion, but performance wise on the pitch we are a million miles away from playing championship standard football.
Fair enough. I’m not saying that last season was good enough or that there is no room for improvement. I just enjoy wins. After all the poor results we’ve endured I’m not in a hurry to be criticizing the team or management after winning 3-1 away.

Fair enough. I’m not saying that last season was good enough or that there is no room for improvement. I just enjoy wins. After all the poor results we’ve endured I’m not in a hurry to be criticizing the team or management after winning 3-1 away.
Well said marra. “Reasoned debate” ?- it’s more like pitchforks and flaming torches on here from a lot of posters!

Our squad is nowhere near a squad that can compete in the championship. It’s a decent enough League one squad but it’s certainly not one that is going to romp the league. I m far from a Ross fan but after the 3-0 humping in the last game, it was about getting the result and a 3-1 away win is a good result.

Indeed, you and me both mate....

We have assembled a team to get us out of this league whether its pretty or not. Been done to death about teams lifting their game against us and we just have to deal with it as well as small pitches, crap pitches and of course sub standard refs.

I think the days have gone of steamrollering teams, we can just leave that to Man City. I'm more than happy to see my team graft it's way to win a game, as JR has that mindset into them IMHO.

Back