Papering over the crscks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Performances continue to be a worry but we've got a game in hand against Burton at home to go top of the league. Top three if others win their games. Judge Ross at the end of October and that's fair on him and leaves plenty of time to make a difference.

Makes it the more galling
It’s early days, we are two points per game. Performances are not a problem if results stay as they are.

Never been a season in my supporting safc years, where we win promotion, that has not seen dire performances and that includes the 90 (not promoted )and 105 point seasons

This time of the season is to set up the new year. I’m perfectly satisfied with safc performing as they are.

It’s early days, we are two points per game. Performances are not a problem if results stay as they are.

Never been a season in my supporting safc years, where we win promotion, that has not seen dire performances and that includes the 90 (not promoted )and 105 point seasons

This time of the season is to set up the new year. I’m perfectly satisfied with safc performing as they are.
The football is dire the overall performances pisspoor and each and every game is monotonous with this clownshoe in charge. Hopefully post takeover the boring oaf is history and on his way back to Brechin or Berwick where his standard of football is perfectly matched

The football is dire the overall performances pisspoor and each and every game is monotonous with this clownshoe in charge. Hopefully post takeover the boring oaf is history and on his way back to Brechin or Berwick where his standard of football is perfectly matched
I’m on my way to Berwick in a fortnight. I respect your opinion, we differ, that’s sport, hopefully by the end safc are promoted

Think people are going over board cos we beat a team who are near the bottom..and who opened us up in 5 mins...would we have won if we were playing the likes of Doncaster...doubtful....there seems to be a lot of better than us teams in the division this season..and as people are saying with our squad we should be walking this league...so why arnt we....got to be down to manager...I for one would love to see Allerdyce back...at least he shows some passion which Ross never does...
D

It’s May 2020.

We’ve just played our last game of the season.

We’ve just won the league.

We are still just papering over the cracks.

Youve just made that up

Nah was the talk last year when we were winning and playing shite. The majority, including myself, mocking the stats and saying we’ll walk it when we gel.

Obviously yesterdays result was a welcome relief but it's still papering over the cracks.
It wasnt a good performance and if we were playing one of the better sides in the league it probably would of been a whole lot different
I'm still worried we wont make the cut under the current management it's just so boring and predictable to watch
Why cant people just enjoy 3 points and a win anymore?

Aye. We are so shit we’ve lost one game so far this season and can easily go top with winning our game in hand. But we aren’t winning every game 17-nil so we must be garbage... people need to remember where we are and why we are here. It’s never going to be particularly attractive football at this level. The majority of our players are “of a standard” suitable for this level of football, the opposition want to spoil games and celebrate draws against us like epic victories. Christ, we’ve even beaten premier league opposition this season and that still isn’t good enough for some, absolutely unbelievable. Going on like f***ing mags, the sales of mattress covers must be through the roof...

The Wimbledon/Peterborough games were a good marker. Enough quality to see off the poorer teams & a struggle on against the better sides. Another play off lottery beckons under the current set up.

Obviously yesterdays result was a welcome relief but it's still papering over the cracks.
It wasnt a good performance and if we were playing one of the better sides in the league it probably would of been a whole lot different
I'm still worried we wont make the cut under the current management it's just so boring and predictable to watch
Papering over the cracks can be ok for the short term in my book as long as it gets us promoted ...even if this takeover goes through we will not be splashing the cash in january is the don is in charge as we will not be able to attract the players we need to get us to the prem and don is not going to do a short by buying a load of players and binning them off a year or so later.We might buy one or two or more likely pay the wages of better loans from the prem cast offs.Ross will get us into the top four with his defencive approach as long as we dont have significamt injuries to geedy, maguire and wick and the biscuit!Whether ross has enough acumen to get us into the prem is another matter but deffo not at the first time of asking in my book and the new owners if they appear may not be as patient as the don!In truth its hard not to come to the conclusion that ross was not sacked over the summer because we could not afford the payoff!..........Lets see how we do against rochdale as this might be a yardstick for the results up to december and the next transfer window.

I just posted this elsewhere but probably better suited in this thread.

Are the people defending Ross new supporters ?
Were you not around last season to witness exactly the same shite week in week out ?

We are heading for exactly the same outcome as last year. We will beat the majority of dross in this division most weeks when our individuals tip the scales but will get found out off half a dozen sides who are better than average and by default 'us'.

Play offs and lottery ticket win if we're lucky or we fall short again.

Huffing and puffing to beat absolute shite like Accrington or Wimbledon isn't pulling the wool over my eyes or dressing up exactly where we're at. Ross has had 3 windows, a budget and resources greater than the rest of the league combined, he's implemented the sweet root of fuck all on us in regards style or identity. Spent an entire pre-season pushing a system that was exposed from the off and had to ditch it.
We're outplayed every other week by tin pot clubs and rely on their inadequacies in front of goal/Johnny Mac.
or the potency of first Maja and now McGeady.

If these owners have anything about them he has to go at the end of this season regardless of the outcome, if not sooner.
Even if we somehow stumble into the championship . Pissing about with this guy will crush any feel good momentum generated by this takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back