Pallion Shipyards ➡️ World Class Film Studios

Is this to allow for the remake of escape to victory.

You could understand sport England's concerns if some actual pitches were being built on, but there's none down there is there? I can't remember ever seeing any pitches around there
Grove Cole’s had a cricket and football pitch down there with a pavilion and changing facilities in between the two.
It was a good set up but they’ll have gone when the place closed down I mean how many years is that?

I see him posting quite a lot on FB. He's an absolute racist loon.
Yep. One of the about dozen names that crop up all over Sunderland Facebook. Spreading shite that comes mainly from a sewer outlet called Len next to Roker pier and ranting about immigrants.

Yep. One of the about dozen names that crop up all over Sunderland Facebook. Spreading shite that comes mainly from a sewer outlet called Len next to Roker pier and ranting about immigrants.
Everything that is wrong in Sunderland and the country is the fault of IMMIGRANTS (mainly illegal ones) and LIEBOUR :evil:

I'm surprised he hasn't exploded, his blood pressure must be sky high.

Always love a good "Labour's fault" for the country's woes, even after fourteen years of the current shower.
It baffles me. Currently watching a Washington fb group upset over Mears attempting to put an HMO contract house conversion into donwell. There’s some genuine concerns, but it’s all labours fault from the majority who likely have tricky posting histories…

Why does a private company awarded work by a Tory run Home Office as part of a Tory run Government get a 14 year free pass?

Labour are in charge in Sunderland. Don't you realise the tories have a devolved immigration policy for Sunderland, meaning the LIEBOUR council can now bring in as many ILLEGALS as they want, and GET lots of BROWN ENVELOPES in the process.
At least the local stationery companies will be doing a roaring trade in envelope sales.

40 odd year since I left mate. Was just trying to place where the field was. You get a different perspective of the area without the big sheds there.

And a bloody big test bed...
I worked at Rolls Royce Pallion, Coles had a football pitch on the other side of European Way, it was a fantastic pitch, I think it was used by Coles/Grove Cranes football team and some local cup finals.

and the summer barbeque or as the gaffer used to say 'the Summer Garden Party'

Last edited:
And a bloody big test bed...

and the summer barbeque or as the gaffer used to say 'the Summer Garden Party'
Were you ever at one of the opening ceremonies? They had one for the R&D department where there was a bit scran on and dozens of kegs where the gaffers started serving, but it soon led to a free for all, utter carnage. They then had one in the Fab shop and decided in their wisdom that was it. We were apprentices at the time 😁 what an education 😂😂

Grove Cole’s had a cricket and football pitch down there with a pavilion and changing facilities in between the two.
It was a good set up but they’ll have gone when the place closed down I mean how many years is that?

It was right next to the railway and I remember it pretty well. I know the clubhouse was still there in 1982.
On this page it's the third photo down and marked 19.

Last edited:
It was right next to the railway and I remember it pretty well. I know the clubhouse was still there in 1982.
On this page it's the third photo down and marked 19.
Aye, they used to have inter departmental footy and cricket tournaments. We entered a team from the training centre where you spent a year doing a bit of everything, then decided what trade you were doing. Anyhow as a bunch of cocky 16 year olds we thought we'd run the legs off the old men. What a pity, we played the sheet metal lot and they absolutely kicked us to f**k and beat us double figures. Soon learnt not to mess about with the owlder fellas.

Always love a good "Labour's fault" for the country's woes, even after fourteen years of the current shower.
The way to wipe the floor with these idiots is to ask them how many Tory PMs there’s been in UK history (30) then when they don’t know tell them, which immediately gives off the impression you know wtf you’re talking about. Then follow up with asking how many Labour PMs there’s been? (6). Even the thickest bastards are shut up when those numbers start to sink in.
They’ll answer some wild wild numbers for both btw.

The way to wipe the floor with these idiots is to ask them how many Tory PMs there’s been in UK history (30) then when they don’t know tell them, which immediately gives off the impression you know wtf you’re talking about. Then follow up with asking how many Labour PMs there’s been? (6). Even the thickest bastards are shut up when those numbers start to sink in.
They’ll answer some wild wild numbers for both btw.
I'm not sure that works with them, because they assume because the tories have been in power a lot, they assume they must be doing something good.

I've seen people ask "if the tories are so bad, why do they keep winning?" quite a lot of times.

I'm not sure that works with them, because they assume because the tories have been in power a lot, they assume they must be doing something good.

I've seen people ask "if the tories are so bad, why do they keep winning?" quite a lot of times.
I keep asking myself the same question. Why people vote for those that make your life worse. Ten more lashes please sir.

It’s for the eejits who vocally blame labour for the state the countries in after 13yrs of Tory rule.

Back