Pallion Shipyards ➡️ World Class Film Studios

The LinkedIn post below is very significant for the shipyard studios. The fella who posted is Simon Aldred who is the founder of boardwick live who just so happens to be one if the partners in the project with metalwork pictures. The post has been liked by Peter Mcintyre.....lots of news coming in the next few weeks he says and transatlantic partnerships...hmmmm

Logon or register to see this image
The shipyard squad will not like this. They are in total meltdown currently

The LinkedIn post below is very significant for the shipyard studios. The fella who posted is Simon Aldred who is the founder of boardwick live who just so happens to be one if the partners in the project with metalwork pictures. The post has been liked by Peter Mcintyre.....lots of news coming in the next few weeks he says and transatlantic partnerships...hmmmm

Just googled Teksupport and apparently their activities include sending luxury party yachts on river cruises :eek:

Another point of note...if you search boardwick live on LinkedIn and sort by latest post, the below page comes up ;)

Edit..I didn't think broadwick live was mentioned in the post but it is and that's why it comes up....forget about it..nothing to see!

Last edited:
Think the Ropery would be as far up you could get tide wise . Not sure what the water depth is like next to the Times Inn bit further up on the north side.

Wonder if consideration could be given to making the proposed low level crossing like the Tees Barrage at Stockton-on-Tees?
It would have to have a lock gate but would serve the purpose of controlling water levels. Just a daft thought.

i imagine it would be a major environmental project to put lock gates across the river, but upstream would look always look class with a high tide in

always looks scruffy down there when the tide is right out

They could always dredge the river.

Architect daughter just sent this. She is fuming that OMA didn’t get it she said they are best in the world.

4D Studio wins consent for £450m film and TV complex in Sunderland

Thank you for that, it's a good read. But any idea what this bit means?

"Planning permission is subject to ..... the completion of a legal agreement to secure an off-site sports mitigation contribution, as well as a number of other imposed conditions."

It means they are conditions that still need to be satisfied prior to starting on site - basically pre-commencement conditions.

Thank you for that, it's a good read. But any idea what this bit means?

"Planning permission is subject to ..... the completion of a legal agreement to secure an off-site sports mitigation contribution, as well as a number of other imposed conditions."
She said she would have to look at plans to understand it. But could it be the climbing wall

It means they are conditions that still need to be satisfied prior to starting on site - basically pre-commencement conditions.
Perhaps I should be more specific, I meant.....

"the completion of a legal agreement to secure an off-site sports mitigation contribution."

New SAFC stadium?
She said she would have to look at plans to understand it. But could it be the climbing wall
Cheers, forgot about that. So perhaps a commitment to help with relocation possibly.

"the completion of a legal agreement to secure an off-site sports mitigation contribution."

New SAFC stadium?.

Sorry if my response came across condescending it certainly wasnt intended. Detail is likely included in the planning officers report but can’t access it on my phone.

New SAFC stadium?

Cheers, forgot about that. So perhaps a commitment to help with relocation possibly.

It'll be the section 106 agreement. There's a document on the planning portal for it.

Back