Pallion Shipyards ➡️ World Class Film Studios

That does sound like it might be something to do with a Groves sports field??

Which seems mental that they could object seeing as it can't have been used for what 30 years?
If I remember right, it would be at the end of the retail park, up the bank on the east side of the spire. Which would make it on the opposite side of the road to the new development.

Perhaps I should be more specific, I meant.....

"the completion of a legal agreement to secure an off-site sports mitigation contribution."

New SAFC stadium?

From page 41 of the planning officers report:

It is therefore considered that securing a financial contribution to deliver a non-turf cricket wicket at Silksworth Cricket Club and a reconfiguration of pitch provision at Hylton Road Playing Fields would address the requirements of CSDP policy NE4 and paragraph 103 of the NPPF, in that the loss of the playing fields is being mitigated by the improvement of outdoor sports facilities at appropriate off-site locations.

Sport England consultation not considered.

It is therefore considered that securing a financial contribution to deliver a non-turf cricket wicket at Silksworth Cricket Club and a reconfiguration of pitch provision at Hylton Road Playing Fields would address the requirements of CSDP policy NE4 and paragraph 103 of the NPPF, in that the loss of the playing fields is being mitigated by the improvement of outdoor sports facilities at appropriate off-site locations.

Is this to allow for the remake of escape to victory.

You could understand sport England's concerns if some actual pitches were being built on, but there's none down there is there? I can't remember ever seeing any pitches around there

Is this to allow for the remake of escape to victory.

You could understand sport England's concerns if some actual pitches were being built on, but there's none down there is there? I can't remember ever seeing any pitches around there

Not that I am aware of but presumably there must be. On google earth there are two relatively rectangle grassed areas just north of the railway line and west of the retail park which could be it/them and looks like what an earlier poster suggested.

Thanks for that. Seems mental that Silksworth cc gets a new wicket out of this on top of all the other great news the development brings.

Not that I am aware of but presumably there must be. On google earth there are two relatively rectangle grassed areas just north of the railway line and west of the retail park which could be it/them and looks like what an earlier poster suggested.
I worked at Rolls Royce Pallion, Coles had a football pitch on the other side of European Way, it was a fantastic pitch, I think it was used by Coles/Grove Cranes football team and some local cup finals.

I worked at Rolls Royce Pallion, Coles had a football pitch on the other side of European Way, it was a fantastic pitch, I think it was used by Coles/Grove Cranes football team and some local cup finals.
I remember as a young'un watching cricket at Coles from the old railway line.
Hop this link works, post 2
I remember as a young'un watching cricket at Coles from the old railway line.
Hop this link works, post 2

Last edited:
Labour and the University want to kill off shipbuilding and glassmaking according to Peter (fair point on the last part actually).
And his mates agree. Right wing shouty old men.

Why do these types not know the difference between a tier 3 civil parish authority & a tier 1 unitary metropolitan Borough authority. If they can't get the basics correct, how do they expect to be taken seriously. 'Town council' even if Sunderland was still a town it'd be Borough Council :lol:

Back