Pallion Shipyards ➡️ World Class Film Studios

I'm surprised gofundme allows appeals to be set up without stating the purposes?
Looks like fraud to me.
They have no discernable organised way of controlling any money raised - It goes to Peter to do whatever he wants with.
Looks like fraud to me.
They have no discernable organised way of controlling any money raised - It goes to Peter to do whatever he wants with.

It's the same when Rupert refers to we in his missives - though he never replies when asked who the "we" are.

Last edited:
Looks like fraud to me.

It's the same when Rupert refers to we in his missives - though he never replies when asked who the "we" are.
Looks like the bloke who has put in £100 is a Reform UK candidate. Stood in Pallion last year. So it's probably just going to end up back in his pocket anyway as all of this is being done for Reform.

Which policies will he continue?

He's already said the tories flagship policy, the Rwanda plan will be getting binned.
Since you ask - just last Thursday Angela Rayner said the Tory's limits on Child Benefit would be retained .(Reported on Channel 4 news)

Anybody heard owt regarding main contractor confirmed? Is it B+K? Dates on construction start?

Think its only been 2+ weeks since confirmation of the project so I guess £450+mill contracts will take a while longer that 2+ weeks to finalise but just thought i'd see if anyone heard owt!

Anybody heard owt regarding main contractor confirmed? Is it B+K? Dates on construction start?

Think its only been 2+ weeks since confirmation of the project so I guess £450+mill contracts will take a while longer that 2+ weeks to finalise but just thought i'd see if anyone heard owt!
One of their site managers on a job we are working on seems to think it’s theirs.

Sheree Rymer
Sheree RymerSheree Rymer• 2nd• 2ndFaculty Director (Creative, Digital & Computing) Judge for Pearson Teaching Awards / Trustee Sunderland CultureFaculty Director (Creative, Digital & Computing) Judge for Pearson Teaching Awards / Trustee Sunderland Culture
2h • Edited • 2h • Edited •
Follow
It has been a month since ‘We Did It’ - the motto everyone is saying since the Chancellor announced in the budget the support for the development of Crown Works Studios. This past month has allowed for reflection on what the impact of this really means for the people of Sunderland, the Northeast and beyond. The wealth of new opportunity people will have hasn’t been seen or matched since Nissan opened.

This development is so much more than the 8000+ jobs it will create, or the investment into the city. This development is about dreaming big and achieving, something that the people of Sunderland have always excelled in. We have such a rich history in making and sharing, which maybe in the past couple of decades we have lost confidence in. However, this has reignited that feeling that dreams can come true.

The whole reason I got into education was to ignite passion and the hunger to succeed in young people and this renaissance of creative making will ensure we are living amongst this passion every day. The people of the Northeast have been witnesses to a moment of history, we saw the seed planted, with the idea of the studios, and we have all witnessed that seed grow into a reality.

The studios will open the door to people of all industries, to potential new career routes or to retrain and stay regionally for work. The studios will need carpenters, electricians, painters, and decorators, set caterers, alongside the more obvious routes into the screen industries. Sunderland College and undoubtedly other educational organisations will be carefully reviewing their curriculum with the ambition to ensure the skills we teach are needed and are transferable for creative routes.

We will be responsible to train and retain, so a new eco system is created in the Northeast to ensure we thrive once these studios open. No more will the talent we create in the Northeast be forced to leave the region in search of opportunities.

I foresee a birth of new entrepreneurs waiting to be part of the screen industry boom, including additional opportunities such as work experience for students, master classes, the ability to retrain an adult to ensure the skills can be transferred for a film/TV set. Schools, Colleges, and Universities will play such an important role in supporting this.

The Northeast will no longer be cast into a shadow of other bigger cities who have been handed so many opportunities, what we will see is a huge boost in the form of business, investment, confidence, pride, and standard of living.

Is there anyone in my network that feels as passionately about this as I do?

Sunderland College Education Partnership North East Leo PearlmanNorth East Screen Sunderland City Council Sunderland Business Improvement District (BID) Iain Nixon Richard Keirl Kendra Kirby Toni Rhodes Ellen Thinnesen OBE Lauren Robinson Rebecca Jameson Sally Taylor
Activate to view larger image,
Logon or register to see this image

Leo Pearlman 1st degree connection1stManaging Partner @ Fulwell 73 Ltd | Non Exec Director @ Sunderland Football Club | TV & Film Investment​

15m
Truly inspiring words Sheree Rymer, you should work in PR! I couldn't agree more with every word you've written and can't wait to work with you and all of the regions other centres of education in delivering this incredibly ambitious & important mission
Latest Portfolio North East edition now online...it mentions nothing new but the front cover is decent

Activate to view larger image,

Last edited:
See we've made our mark on the Pallion Yard. :lol:

Also noticed the tarpaulin is fully off where the old Minis etc are so you can see how many classic cars are just sitting there in the rain.
I had the drone down there to take some footage of the bridge and had a chat with the security guard as they were worried I was going to fly over the site. Still a lot of tenants on site at the moment, it was a hive of activity.

See we've made our mark on the Pallion Yard. :lol:

Also noticed the tarpaulin is fully off where the old Minis etc are so you can see how many classic cars are just sitting there in the rain.
I had the drone down there to take some footage of the bridge and had a chat with the security guard as they were worried I was going to fly over the site. Still a lot of tenants on site at the moment, it was a hive of activity.
Whatever you do don't go down the rabbit hole of watching drone auditing videos on youtube. Fascinating. Not in a particularly good way fascinating but you can be there for hours.

Whatever you do don't go down the rabbit hole of watching drone auditing videos on youtube. Fascinating. Not in a particularly good way fascinating but you can be there for hours.
They'll eventually get drone flying banned. I don't give a toss whether they are legally in the right, picking fights with minimum wage security guards is absolute dickhead behaviour.
The lass this morning actually commented on how civil I was. :lol: They must have to put up with all sorts of crap. Whatever the law states, the golden rule is 'don't be a dick'.

Back