Pakistan 🇵🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st test Rawalpindi

If the pitches are like this for the rest of the series I would not want to be giving a 17 year old leg spinner his debut. Would ruin the poor lad.
Hes a more than handy batsman, and Livingstone was originally picked for his leg spin option over jacks.

So so pleased they didn’t play wood on this mind

I’m not convinced he’s been picked to even play personally
Tbf if the pitches are like this, we might as well pick Foakes, Jennings and Overton for Robinson, Livingstone and Anderson.

Might as well have 9 batters with Overton at 10 and pray the pitch breaks up and turns big by day 4/5

We should just get some proper declaration bowling on. Encourage them to score 700 in no time then try and make a game of it for two days.

If you can’t give england praise for scoring the most runs ever on a test day then there’s something wrong with you

The lengths some go to to avoid giving England absolutely any credit is just hilarious

It's a good rate. Well done to them for that. It's proved meaningless in this test.

Tbf if the pitches are like this, we might as well pick Foakes, Jennings and Overton for Robinson, Livingstone and Anderson.

Might as well have 9 batters with Overton at 10 and pray the pitch breaks up and turns big by day 4/5
The pitches aren’t expected to be all like this.

It's a good rate. Well done to them for that. It's proved meaningless in this test.

Nothing is without meaning like in cricket. Was a remarkable day.
Babar is obviously a gifted player but his average must be massively helped by batting on pitches like this most of the time.

Big time, England is the hardest place in the world to bat and it’s why we rarely have lads averaging above 50

Imagine what Joe Root’s average would be here!

Product placement advertising. I wonder when that will creep into the game back home. Having to demonstrate the product. I hope Andrex aren't one of the sponsors.

Surprised Babar Azam doesn't have a test double century (196 is his best).

I have a feeling that will change by close of play tomorrow.
I'm claiming that one. 😀

Last edited:

Back